PDF not previewing and not able to open

leftie12

I have been noticing that PDF files (could be other file types, I just use more PDF's) will occasionally not be viewable in a note. I use the snippet view, and you can see the outline of data in the middle snippet, but on the RH side where you normally can view the note, it's not there. I emailed it to myself and it still comes through in an email, but I cannot click on it to open the PDF. 

I'm trying to upload a couple of snips of the evernote desktop to show what I'm trying to say.

The 2 files that I highlighted are supposed to be the same thing...in one (20150921102719.pdf) you cannot see anything but the file name while in the other you can see the start of the letter. 

Ideas or help?

post-160522-0-03047900-1442857770_thumb.

post-160522-0-43608500-1442857777_thumb.

• Level 5*

I have seen this behavior from time to time as well, clueless as to how or why. 

My workaround has been to go to the note, right click in the body and select Save Attachments.  I save to the desktop and then create a new note with the attachment, or edit the existing note body and drag it there.. 

It doesn't happen that often so I'm okay with the work, still a bug though.  I have a lot of PDFs as well. FWIW.

I have seen this behavior from time to time as well, clueless as to how or why. 

My workaround has been to go to the note, right click in the body and select Save Attachments.  I save to the desktop and then create a new note with the attachment, or edit the existing note body and drag it there.. 

It doesn't happen that often so I'm okay with the work, still a bug though.  I have a lot of PDFs as well. FWIW.

I'm not sure I'm glad it isn't just me, but maybe this will let someone at EN know about it and figure something out. I was able to email it to myself also, so there do appear to be a couple of ways to recover it. 

Thanks!

Archived