• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
Rick-at-Fox

Notebook doesn't open where I ended

21 posts in this topic

In Old Penultimate, a notebook would open on the last page I wrote on. New Penultimate doesn't. I sometimes have dozens of pages of notes and don't want to scroll through all the pages. Any solution? Am I missing a setting? I'm on the verge of switching apps, as much as I want Penultimate to work.

This sounds like a bug; notes are supposed to open to the last page viewed, and there is not an option in settings to disable this. If you can reproduce it in the latest version (6.1.2), I've got some questions that might help us debug it:

1. Is your app set to horizontal or vertical scrolling?

2. Is your note in portrait or landscape orientation?

3. Does the note always open to the first page, some other specific page, or a random page?

4. Does the thumbnail match the page it opens to, and if not, what page does it show?

5. Does this behavior occur only on specific notes, only on existing notes, or on all new and existing notes?

Thanks for reporting this issue!

I'm using 6.1.2

1. I'm set to vertical scrolling

2. I take notes in portrait orientation

3. My notes don't always open to the first page. 

4. Yes, each thumbnail matches the page it opens.

5. It was happening on all my new notes; I haven't gone back to my notes from the old Penultimate. 

I've been opening and navigating notes to see what happens, and today they seem to be opening on the last page I was looking at. Perhaps the glitches have resolved somehow...

I'll be sure to post if I encounter the issue again.

On a related note, is there a way to prevent Penultimate from returning to the "home" screen when I switch apps? I sometimes am looking at another app and switching back to take notes, and have to navigate from home, to new notes, to the selected notes - and I used to then have to navigate to the end of that note.

I spoke too soon. I've again been having trouble with Penultimate not opening to the last page of a note I was on. I have a 45 page note that today opened to the 20th page twice. Very annoying. 

I am having the exact same issue on new iPad Pro (notebook doesn't open to last page, requires me to scroll every time). Any resolutions? 

I am having the exact same problem with the ipad pro, never opens to where I was and sometimes to random page

I have the same problem with ipad pro 9.7". It always start at some random page but never the last edited.

I too am having this issue. I take notes all day in my job as Customer Service. I intended to keep a folder for June, another for July, another folder for August, etc. I have ~54 pages in July. Everytime my phone rings, I open my iPad Pro, Penultimate and it always opens on Page 33--- so I have to hurry up and get to page 50, 51, 52, 53---  while my customer is talking until I can write down their name, company, calling about, etc... 

Hoping I can get it to work to open to the last page I viewed...

1 person likes this

I am also having this issue, and agree that it is really, really important to fix. Reduces the value of Evernote significantly.

I am desperate too. This is been happening to me for the last months. I love Penultimate with my iPad Pro, but as my netbooks grow I need a solution or an alternative.

Best Regards

Edited by crvisser

Same problem on my new iPadpro.  

Major Issue.  Significantly reduces usability!

Please Fix ASAP!!

I also am having this issue. I will have a note open and double-tap my iPad Pro to quickly check data from another app (mail, CRM, etc.) that relates to the note, and when I double-tap back to Penultimate, the note is on a random page in the middle.  It is an odd behavior and very frustrating to constantly have to scroll to the bottom to get going again.

I have the same problem as well and am considering a different product entirely.  Is it possible that Evernote considers it a "feature" and never intends to fix it?  Evernote, please respond to your dissatisfied customers.  It's been over a year now.

1 person likes this

Same problem. It never remembers the last page opened. Always random page of the note. This needs to be fixed in next release. Very critical. 

Yes; me too.  Very irritating, and seems like it must be a bug that can be fixed.  It's a shame that no-one from Evernote team has bothered to comment on this thread, given how many have reported same issue for some months now.  Please can you fix this?

I have read many discussions about this topic. As a new user, I have the same problem. The notes always open to the first page, not the most recent page. Is there a fix?

Same issue here. Reported to Evernote months ago, acknowledged as a bug but not fixed yet. Am moving on shortly...

short term fix fix though is to end a note taking session by going to the multiple page view. Not ideal but does make the app usable 

End of May 2017 and I still get this issue.  I switched from GoodNotes given the integration Penultimate has in syncing with Evernote, but this issue is serious bugging enough to want to switch back.  Having to go back into the multi-page view and back again is too hard when the document gets quite large.

3 July, still happening. 

I'm taking notes on Penultimate and this is constantly happening.

To reproduce the bug [ Ipad Pro 12.9 32GB, latest current version on Apple Store: 6.2.1 (28 Jun) ]

• Document with 30 pages in total
  • Select thumbnails view
  • Select last page 30
  • Draw something
  • Switch off ipad Screen
  • Switch on -> page 23 again

Thank you.

Still happening. This is seriously annoying and will probably make me switch apps . The issue is that sometimes I don'realize i m on the wrong pages and write stuff in the middle of my doc...