Unread Note count

Hi, over the past few months i have really got into using evernote as my task manager.  Historically i have always forwarded important or actionable emails to evernote.  I then switch apps and organise but why forward! 

Does anybody know of a way to see your mail in evernote or has already tried to forward all email to evernote?? what was your experience??

As of today i have setup gmail to forward all email to evernote so i can review and organise in the same app but realised that i don't know how many unread email i have..   i know evernote is not an email client but is there a way?

Hope this makes sense and i look forward to reading your comments. 

PS I'm a premium user on Mac, windows, iPhone, iPad, macbook

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you want to forward all your email to Evernote I guess you could,  but you'd lose all the basic services that a 'proper' mail client gives you,  including being able to respond quickly,  see stats on unread and total emails,  and forward emails to others.  Email clients do a number of things that I find rather useful,  and I move things into Evernote as a record or for reference...  plus you're running the risk that very large emails,  or very large volumes of email,  might blow your upload allowance out of the water.

If you want to do that and get 'unread' stats,  you could look in to IFTTT or some other forwarding automation process with a view to tagging all forwarded email,  or adding a title that will move it to a specific notebook.  The tag or note count will give you some indicators,  and you could remove the tag / move the note once it has been processed...

• Level 5*

If you want to forward all email to EN, you could set up a notebook, Mail for example, and use @Mail at the end of the subject.  Then as you processed the notes you could move them to the appropriate notebook.  Anything left in the Mail notebook would be unread.  I'm with Gaz, though, you lose mail header info when you forward to EN.

Also, may be more effort than you want, but I think there is a product called IQTell which purportedly incorporates EN and email with a GTD focus.  Creates another place to work though.

Thank you for your comments. I've played with iQTell and think it's a very well thought out app but as you say it's another app and cost!

This is why I'm trying the forward. I spend most of my time in Evernote and outlook. Just would love to be able to view and action my email in Evernote.

• Level 5*

Yeah, I think IQTell's intent is to become your inbox and let EN become the storage location for your emails, along with your other non GTD notes.  Didn't work for me either.

Archived