Evernote_5.8.3.6507.exe
Evernote_5.8.4.6870.exe
Evernote_5.8.5.7166.exe
Evernote_5.8.6.7519.exe
Evernote_5.8.8.7776.exe

Almost 700 MB.

Windows 7 x64

• Level 5*

You may want to submit a formal bug report so Evernote is notified about this bug.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

• 4 months later...

All right, submitted it.

I also post below the message & attached screenshot, so everyone knows.

As already reported a few months ago by another user on the forum, see this topic: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/88561-bug-update-installer-files-not-deleted/

Evernote downloads update installers in the following folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\AutoUpdate
but never purges them, leading to a substantial amount of disk space used for useless files.

This is a bug to me: Evernote should periodically removes those files.
See my attached screenshot, the files date back from 2014, and take as much as 1 GB in total!

Evernote_useless_exes.png

Archived