AMD

After Evernote upgrade, google won't work

I was using Google Canary.  Now neither works.  First problem was a totally black page.  I switched to chrome.  Now, about a dozen windows open - all with an Aw Snap - This is the reason I switched to Canary when I upgraded to Windows 10.  Now I can't use either version.

Don't see why you automatically assume Evernote trashed the Chrome install - have you tried uninstalling/ reinstalling either app?

• Like 1

Don't see why you automatically assume Evernote trashed the Chrome install - have you tried uninstalling/ reinstalling either app?

Yes, I uninstalled and re-installed multiple times and it only started after the Evernote upgrade; however I found the culprit.  It was an AVG search bar.  Once I removed it from programs AND google the problem was solved.  Either it was a coincidence to the Evernote upgrade or the two really don't like each other.  I did not want AVG anyway.  Problem solved.

I'm not seeing the connection between Evernote and AVG, other than the one implied by the OP.  Perhaps it was a chronological proximity of events that was inferred as causality?

Well, I don't even know what you just said; but perhaps it is useful for someone more knowledgeable than me.