Imported notes don't sync

I've created 1500 notes outside of Evernote - old stuff that I had kept in a Word document. I used the structure from an exported notebook and after a number of trials the import went through. However, when I try to synchronise to make these new notes available on all devices, they get moved to a folder namned "Unsynced notes". Something prevents them from being synced.

Any ideas what I need to do to get them "into the system"?

• Level 5*

When you import notes from Enex files,  they're placed in a Local Notebook - an unsynced notebook - by default.  If you move the notes to another synced notebook you may see them begin to sync - although if they were created outside of Evernote you may have included codes in your file that will cause problems.  Create a new notebook within Evernote and move the notes across.  If the move to the new notebook works,  you only have to wait for the sync to complete.  Except how much upload quota do you have left this month,  and how big is this group of notes for this notebook?

Hi, thanks for your reply!

I've moved the notes to a synced notebook, the move went without problems, but when syncing is done (takes a couiple of minutes) they are again moved to a notebook called "Unsynced notes". The size of the ENEX file is 700 KB. I'm a premium user with 10 GB uploads left this month.

Now, when I tried, on of the 1548 notes got synced and remains in the synced notebook. That may be a note that I created in Evernote before exporting the notebook to see how it was structured.

Anything else you guys can think of? Maybe I'll have to create 1548 notes in Evernote, export them and replace their text content...

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  OK - if you're willing to try a few more tricks;  have a go at exporting the 'unsyncable' notes from Evernote into another ENEX file and then re-import them.  The process should fix any formatting errors - mostly - and you may then find that more notes will sync...

Failing that - you're paying for proper support,  so I'd suggest you get some!  Submit a support request by choosing the appropriate option in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action - or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

You'll also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Exporting and importing sounded like a BRILLIANT idea, I was sure it was going to work. Unfortunately it didn't. Now I've submitted a support inquiry, following your last piece of advice. Hang on for a report when I hear from the Evernote Team!

Archived