Is there a limit to notes in free version

Penfold

I have just started with Evernote and created a notebook and was importing notes from various locations but I got about 20 separate notes in there of various types, mostly plain text, and it has stopped taking any more.

I have also noticed that some plain text files I 'dropped' onto it have been split up and/or renamed in some instances, is there any way to stop it doing stuff like this.

It won't work for me if I can't have the titles I want on notes and I can't find any option to rename them, though I wouldn't really want to have to rename everything I try to add to it.

• Level 5*

Hi.  As a free user you have a monthly upload limit for synced notes of 60MB which you may have exceeded.  The limit on notes is 100,000 in total so you're a little way off that.  "Importing notes from various locations" might be the reason your notes have been renamed or restructured - I'd suggest a test to see which location gives you anomalous behaviour and then maybe we can help with that.  Remember editing notes means in some cases that you're effectively re-uploading them,  so editing as well as creating notes counts towards your quota.

See https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23283158 for more details..

Thanks for the link, the notes I was trying to import were about 1.5 MB.

I have been messing about with it quite a bit and am making some progress, I think it was the renaming business that was throwing me a lot as it looked like the notes I was trying to import were just disappearing, I did manage to find out why it was renaming everything, it does not use an existing note title when it imports but the first line of text in it so will have to sort that as a lot of it isn't very descriptive.

• Level 5*

Plain text files are the only ones that get 'adopted' into a note in that way - not sure what rules currently apply to Import Folders,  but if you haven't already investigated those,  see under Evernote > Tools > Import Folders. 

When I'm scanning into Evernote I tend to save my files into another folder and go through and edit/ rename them appropriately,  then drop them into the Import Folder in batches.  That saves your upload quota a little wear and tear,  and means you can give files a descriptive name which will appear as the note title - though that didn't work with text notes.  You could always edit the note and make the note title the top line maybe?

Archived