FaceBook messenger to Evernote

Is there any way that someone knows how I could automate the Messenger chats from Facebook into a running note in EverNote?

The same for Apple Messages.app as well. That I think I could locally script actually. Not sure about the attachments tough. It could get a little complicated. And the desktop and mobile versions of Messages.app are never in good sync so it could be extra tough.

But for Messenger, I hate having my chats there and delete them when done. I know FB still keeps a copy, I only hope over enough time they do truly delete or that deleting them, were any request for data to FB would not include deleted stuff even if they keep a copy.

Any suggestions?

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  No clue - there's a separate Android / Windows Messenger client too,  but in the options for both the Facebook add-in and the standalone app it's not (apparently) possible to either print or even select the content to copy/ output.  Try the Facebook help pages - lots of knowledgeable bodies there...

Hmmn.  No clue - there's a separate Android / Windows Messenger client too,  but in the options for both the Facebook add-in and the standalone app it's not (apparently) possible to either print or even select the content to copy/ output.  Try the Facebook help pages - lots of knowledgeable bodies there...

I think the only way to do this, unless the FB API gives you access to the Messages, would be to scan the wire live, and pull the messages out before they get sent.  Though if it is over SSL, I would have to install something like Charles, and even then, I may not be able to get around it, though I don't see why not.

But scanning live network traffic and sniffing out just the messages, hopefully they are on their own port, and easily pulled out, that is a pretty tough challenge.

Archived