Different Notebook Each with different Tags (Possible?)

mojon

Hi,

hope i can make myself clear in english-> i have a question. as i have more and more notes and the organisation becomes harder and harder there is something i dont understand about evernote: what is the use of other notebooks when you can not make seperate Tags for it. Or search in the tags isolated from the other notebooks. I dont get it...

Is it possible to create a own tag list for one notebook that has nothing to do with the other?   Or is it possible to just show the links  in the tags from one notebook and not the other.  Otherwise the second notebook makes no sense for me....

greetings mo

• Level 5*

Notebooks are the big bins you put notes in, Tags are the identifiers that help you find the notes, no matter what notebook they are in. 

A simple example perhaps.  Let's say you decide to have one notebook for work and one for home into which you put your notes.  Lets say you have notes relative to insurance for home and work.  You would use one tag "Insurance" that would be used on notes in both notebooks. 

And, yes, nothing stops you from just having one notebook to put all your notes in.  That's actually a great way to start using EN until you have a better sense of how EN will work for you, IMO.  Hopefully I haven't added to the confusion.

• Level 5*

Hi.  You don't actually need more than one notebook unless you're sharing some of your notes with others,  or working on a project and want to have all the notes in one place.  If you're comfortable with tags and searches,  one notebook should be fine.  There's no way to restrict some tags to one notebook and not another. 

Archived