Better Navigation to stop endless scrolling

craigdthom

Idea

Help! ... And forgive me if there is a known solution or I am posting in the wrong place ... My first post

I have a note with over 460 pages and when I open the app often times it re-launches(sending me back to the first page) versus restore(which returns me back to last page I was editing) .... navigating page by page is horrendous... and I understand the app may re-launch based on other IOS activity, but help us please .... Is there a feature that will allow me

to go to the last page in the note or

enter the desired page number or

A percent(ie 85% from top or bottom ) or

Add new pages to the top of the note

It's really painful when Penultimate closes and you have to scroll all the way to the last page to resume taking your notes when you have a substantial number of pages in a note!

Please Help

Craig

iPad iOS 8.02 and Penultimate 6.1.1

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your feedback. We're looking at better handling for long notes.

Meanwhile, you can open the page tray from the top menu in writing mode to more quickly scroll through your note. This will still take some effort for 400+ page notes, but I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Chuck

I know this post is a couple years old, but was wondering if there is any fix in the works?

I don't have any 400 page documents, just 1-4 pagers, but every time I switch between apps and then back to Evernote, it scrolls the whole page up to where my cursor is, which is extremely annoying.

I wasn't sure if this was a design decision that you can turn on and off in settings or if it is just a glitch. 

Archived