Unable to generate internal note links incl Note Title

Hi

I'm using the Mac desktop version of Evernote (6.1), Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. I used to be able to get an internal link by selecting the "Copy Note Link" from the menu and I could paste this into another note to link the two together.

When I try to do this now I get a VERY long https://www.evernote.....link when I paste into another note which is not what I want.

I have read a number of forums and have tried pressing the alt key when going to get the note link and this brings up the option to copy a classic note link which I thought would solve my problem.

I duly selected this option but still when I copy the classic note link and paste that into another note I still get a long link which begins: evernote:///view/21474...... This is still not what I want and it is very untidy, I used to get a link which simply gave the title of the note and that is what I would like to continue to do.

How do I resolve this problem, it's a huge retrograde step. I've read all the four posts on this that I can find and they all seem to suggest that the "Copy Classic Note Link" is the solution but for me at least it isn't.

Many thanks.

Archived