Table Formatting Messed Up in Latest Update

I am an EBCC working with a client who uses Evernote Business.  After the latest update she noticed that her saved tables were totally scrambled - text changed, formatting disappeared, etc.  If she tries to delete a character, sometimes the whole row disappears.  This is only with the desktop version (PC) - web is fine.   I realize it may or may not be tied to the update, but is anyone else having this sort of an issue?  Thoughts on a fix?

I am having problems with table too now that I have updated to ver 5.9: I use templates based on partially pre-filled tables. When I start adding information into blank boxes in the template the most unexpected things happen - like I'm typing into a blank box, and all the sudden the table splits into two tables and the next is dumped into the blank space between the tables.

This is a revenue-generating application and I really cannot afford to be messed around - is there away of rolling back to ver 5.8?

Hi.  I encountered exactly the same problem.  I use tables to create note templates for different kinds of meetings that I attend. They used to work as I Intended.  But after this recent update of Evernote for Windows, any change I make to a note with tables on it, the whole thing disintegrates - formatting disappears. If I delete a character or uses the backspace key, that part of the table disappears and I end up with numerous "chunks of tables".  Existing notes with tables in them are now completely useless.

I love Evernote which is why I signed up for Evernote Ppremium.  Can I expect a fix to this problem ASAP?

This is becoming a serious pain in the butt as far as I am concerned. As mentioned above I am using templates based on tables stored in Evernote to process applications. I get an application - I fill in a blank template - I send completed template to applicant - I bank money from applicant: Like - this is how I make a living!

Now: One part of the template is a table consisting of one column and seven rows. Each row of the table contains several lines of text and to complete the template it is necessary to insert information after the text in each line. It is sometimes necessary hit carriage return to create a new (blank line) after the text that has just been entered. What now happens if you hit carriage return within a row is that instead of just opening up a blank line within the row, Evernote splits the table - the line where the cursor was when you hit carriage return now floats as a row all by itself, and the following line of text floats in a space below the (now floating) row above. Yes, Ctrl+Z will recover it to where I was before - sometimes, not always.

Come on guys - this is not how it is supposed to work!

Another problem:

Part of the template is a check list consisting of a two line table with 8 columns. The upper row has check items already filled in, responses to the check list are entered in the second row when completing the application form. It used to be possible to move back along the 2nd row when filling in the check responses to edit previous text entries. Not any longer! Shift+Tab will take you back to a previous cell, but if you try and edit the contents of that cell, either the text will freeze solid and can't be edited - or - the table  will split (as described above) and the text in the cell you were trying to edit floats in free space between the row that has just become detached, and the rest of the table.

Come on guys - that isn't supposed to happen either!

Could we please please have some resort resource on this problem to get it solved yesterday if not sooner? This is a serious problem!!!

I am going cross post this to the Ver 5.9 release thread - just in case support don't visit here!

Me too.  

It's a massive problem for me as I use my form templates daily to create new notes.. The issue also affects notes that were created before the recent updates.

Please fix this as soon as possible.

In the meantime, is it possible to revert back to an older version without this glitch?

Thanks

@EFG @Annie E

Yes, it is possible to roll-back to your previous version of Evernote if you have been using Auto-update.

Find your Evernote folder (if you are not sure of where it is, go into Evernote, click Tools, then Options, and at the bottom of the panel, click Open Database folder - that shows you where the folder is).

Once you have found it, look for a folder within the Evernote folder called "AutoUpdate", open it, and click on the highest version number before 5.9 (in my case it was 5.8.12). This is an executable file which will remove the current version of Evernote (the dreaded 5.9!) and will then re-load 5.8.

It may take a few minutes - but it certainly got me back to where I wanted to be!

Also - be aware that there is also some discussion taking place on this issue in the Forum: "New Evernote for Windows 5.9.1" - not that the Evernote Mothership seems to be publicly showing much interest in this problem (!)

Good Luck!

@EFG @Annie E

Yes, it is possible to roll-back to your previous version of Evernote if you have been using Auto-update.

Find your Evernote folder (if you are not sure of where it is, go into Evernote, click Tools, then Options, and at the bottom of the panel, click Open Database folder - that shows you where the folder is).

Once you have found it, look for a folder within the Evernote folder called "AutoUpdate", open it, and click on the highest version number before 5.9 (in my case it was 5.8.12). This is an executable file which will remove the current version of Evernote (the dreaded 5.9!) and will then re-load 5.8.

It may take a few minutes - but it certainly got me back to where I wanted to be!

Also - be aware that there is also some discussion taking place on this issue in the Forum: "New Evernote for Windows 5.9.1" - not that the Evernote Mothership seems to be publicly showing much interest in this problem (!)

Good Luck!

Many thanks FerociousFeline,

Unfortunately I am not on AutoUpdate so do not have the folder available !

My work round is to use Evernote in my Chrome browser for the pages where I need to use the template forms, as they still work perfectly well there.  I am hoping Evernote issue a new update soon to address these issues, as I much prefer using the Windows Desktop when I can.

Many thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this. We are aware of the issue and we hope to have a fix out soon. Thanks for your patience! 

I'll update here when we have a fix available. I also encourage you to continue updating Evernote as new versions are released and please keep checking this Windows thread for the latest betas and releases.

Archived