can Evernote do this with Excel? (see attached)

Erin K

Does anyone know if Evernote Basic, Plus, or Premium can do this with an Excel spreadsheet in it? Please see below for a jpeg of what I'm referring to (see inside red square).  I'm trying to figure out if Evernote can do this or not so I know whether I need to keep searching for a program that can.

On that related topic, if Evernote can't do this, and someone knows of a similar program that can, please let me know!

Thanks everyone for your help!

Erin K

post-268191-0-37074300-1441295691_thumb.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If 'do this' means "display a section of spreadsheet as part of a note" then yes,  Evernote can do that.  Since Evernote is a free download,  why don't you experiment and see whether it is suitable for your needs?  There are lots of other variables about editing from other devices / sharing with colleagues / syncing changes that might mean you should look elsewhere.  And without a full definition of what you're  hoping to achieve,  including the OS you're using,  it's not really practical so suggest options...

Hi gazumped,

Thanks so much for your reply. I've never posted on forums before, so I'm a little naive as to what information I should include, so my apologies.  I'm using Evernote Basic right now on Windows 10 (just upgraded) and also on my iPhone 5s via their app.  I use it daily, and much of what I use it for includes calculating numbers, which would mean if I could figure out how to get my note to display as a spreadsheet it would make my life so much easier.

Do you know how I can get the note to display as a spreadsheet?  If so, would you be able to explain it to me?  I've searched around but can't find any info on this.

Thanks! -Erin

• Level 5*

As far as computations in EN, there really aren't any capabilities.  You can store a screen shot of the spreadsheet in a note, or you can store the actual spreadsheet in a note and then double click if from there. 

But no way to work the spreadsheet inside of EN.  You have to go to Excel for that.

As far as computations in EN, there really aren't any capabilities.  You can store a screen shot of the spreadsheet in a note, or you can store the actual spreadsheet in a note and then double click if from there. 

But no way to work the spreadsheet inside of EN.  You have to go to Excel for that.

Ohhh ok, thank you csihilling. That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks! -Erin

Archived