Deleted, restored and still can't find my notes

Hello all,

I'm so sorry if this topic has been covered before but in my search for help, I've only come across users who've looked through their trash and restored their notes successfully. 

I opened Evernote today after a few weeks of inactivity and discovered to my shock that my notes in my default notebook were all gone. I did not delete them at all on my own if you were thinking that! 

I looked into the trash and there they were and clicked 'restore' on those I wanted back. It was with growing horror that I could not find those restored notes anywhere still (literally no trace of them both on my Mac and the web version) and that my default note book just didn't exist anymore. 

At my wits' end here, even after contacting Evernote support. I'm a basic (free) user, and I'm pessimistically gloomy that my request is going to be passed over and brushed off...in deference to paid users. 

Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Thanks in advance for all the help. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Lost data issues are still supported by Evernote,  no matter what level of user you are.  If you use Twitter,  try contacting them at @EvernoteHelps -mention your ticket number and this thread- for some quicker feedback. 

• Level 5*

I looked into the trash and there they were and clicked 'restore' on those I wanted back. It was with growing horror that I could not find those restored notes anywhere still (literally no trace of them both on my Mac and the web version) and that my default note book just didn't exist anymore. 

What versions of OS and Evernote are you running?

I just tested EN Mac 6.1 on Yosemite (10.10.5), and a restore from Trash worked fine for me.

It restored the deleted Note to the NB it was in when it was deleted.

However, I have seen some reports where the restore put the Notes in a different Notebook from the original.

You might try the following to find your restored notes:

• Clear all filters to show all Notes (CMD + SHIFT + A)
  • Set sort order to Modified Date, descending, and go to the top of the Note list
  • Do a Search on Note title or contents for text you know is in the missing notes

If you still can't find the missing notes, then you many want to submit a "Data Loss" report.

Submit a report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Data Loss".  Ticket types available to all users, including Free account users, are "Bug Report", "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

Hi.  Lost data issues are still supported by Evernote,  no matter what level of user you are.  If you use Twitter,  try contacting them at @EvernoteHelps -mention your ticket number and this thread- for some quicker feedback. 

Thanks! I'll definitely do that! I submitted a ticket yesterday but they haven't replied yet, so let's see how this works out. 

What versions of OS and Evernote are you running?

I just tested EN Mac 6.1 on Yosemite (10.10.5), and a restore from Trash worked fine for me.

It restored the deleted Note to the NB it was in when it was deleted.

However, I have seen some reports where the restore put the Notes in a different Notebook from the original.

You might try the following to find your restored notes:

• Clear all filters to show all Notes (CMD + SHIFT + A)
  • Set sort order to Modified Date, descending, and go to the top of the Note list
  • Do a Search on Note title or contents for text you know is in the missing notes

If you still can't find the missing notes, then you many want to submit a "Data Loss" report.

Submit a report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Data Loss".  Ticket types available to all users, including Free account users, are "Bug Report", "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

Evernote just (and I mean like 1 minute ago) updated itself so I'm running 6.1 on OS X 10.9.5 (not Yosemite). I just can't find my 'restored' notes and there are no other Notebooks to be seen after following your instructions. Looks like I'll definitely have to contact them again and get them on my case for those missing notes. 

Thanks for the help!

Archived