[Bug] Canb't edit Legacy Tables without breaking up table - 5.9.0.8665

NoterDaily

Enjoying the improved formatting but I am having problems with existing tables (created before this new update) that I want to edit text inside

If I am editing a paragraph inside a cell in the table and hit carage return it breaks the table apart. Likewise if I hit delete,

see attached pictures

Below is the after picture and then the before picture

post-268118-0-67458800-1441236590_thumb.

post-268118-0-52412500-1441236606_thumb.

• Level 5*

There does seem to be a problem with tables - current workaround:  hit enter in the note, Ctrl-Z to undo, click on another note, and then back to the original and editing then works. (H/t Cal)

Hope it gets fixed soon! In the meantime I've been managing to make some minor changes to the content of tables by highlighting the text I want to edit or remove, then pressing the space bar or retyping the new content - ie trying to avoid using the delete or enter buttons (though I keep hitting them without thinking!)

I do like the new-style tables though. In particular, I have a template with half a dozen columns that I use for my monthly calendar. With the old version, every month's calendar ends up with completely different column widths - so this will be a lot neater!

Hi everyone,

note sure I should post here, but…

Since version 5.9.0.8665, all my previous tables, wich were fluid/"responsive" (I liked it that way), became fixed-size.

Depending of the size of the window, the notes now show a horizontal scrolling bar or not and do or do not show all the content.

Having to scroll both ways is not conveniant.

Plus, I can't really edit these tables. They're "fixed", and that's it : no "100%" width available… I can't, also, undo changes I made on the width to try.

I wish we had the option to maintain this fluidity (for previous et new tables), even in cases, not only for "all the table" width…

Sorry for my english,

cordially,

P-A.

I'm having similar related table problems on the most recent update, Evernote v5.9.1.8742. I cannot backspace inside existing tables, or create a new table inside them.

Hoping the tables are fixed ASAP, as I keep over 75% of my overall Evernote data inside tables.

I've found that the fix mentioned above by gazumped (hit enter in the note, Ctrl-Z to undo, click on another note, and then back to the original and editing then works) seems to serve as a permanent solution for an individual table, so the problem isn't as bad as I initially feared - though of course having to do that even once for each table is a bit of an irritation.

All the tables I've experienced the problem on are now back to normal - though I'm sure I'll keep encountering the issue for a long time as I've got masses of tables I don't refer to very often!

Archived