When will the note editor in android have at least the same functionality as the windows editor. Table editing,indenting,adding a seperator line, etc?

When will the note editor in android have at least the same functionality as the windows editor. Table editing, indenting, adding a seperator line, etc?

The basic editing function is almost non functional. It is almost, functional, a simple plain text editor. In samecase, it would be easier to edit in a markup language than use the editor. (Markdown comes to mind). Suggestion: In worst case scenario, you could have three mode in the note editor.

1. View,

2. Simple/Quick/Jot down edit (existing).

3. Advance edit ( Similhar to word editor, maybe even open an word editor with note exported to it and then import the note automatically again).

Why is this VERY IMPORTANT.

If you can't edit your notes in with the device at hand, what is the interest of having a multidevice system, workchat, indexing, clipping, etc?

I use my android tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1) when I out of office (which happens alot) and need to edit my notes which I want to share with my colleagues. (A main selling point, from Evernote), but have had to hold back with this suggestion due to poor editing mode. When you can't add a row to a table, it is hard to sell or continue with this system.

I have watch as new features are introduced but basic features are ignored or downgrade. Before (2 years), there were few serious alternatives, but today there are some very interesting alternatives. I'm now seriously considering in moving my note system back to one note.

As long time premium user, I have to now consider if it is worth continuing with evernote, at least as premium or pro user.

I use Evernote 5.9.0.8665 and the most current version on an Lenovo Android Tablet.   The one thing I can't do is edit checkbox bullets within a table. When I go into edit mode the table shows up with padlocks in each of the cells where I had check boxes on the version of the table I created under Windows.

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5*

Tables,  yes;  Checkboxes,  yes.  But tables with checkboxes?  I think you may have found Evernote's current limits.  What sort of operation are you trying to carry out,  and what sort of problems have you found?

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

Tables,  yes;  Checkboxes,  yes.  But tables with checkboxes?  I think you may have found Evernote's current limits.  What sort of operation are you trying to carry out,  and what sort of problems have you found?

Last year I had the same problem with bullets in a table.

In my case, it was a fairly straight forward assignment chart for my debate team members. One row for each meeting. Assignments were bullet-ed in one column. I too would want to edit on my Android on occasion. 

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  The Android Editor is still being upgraded - you could try the Beta if you want to see what's due to be released soon.  Make sure you're aware what beta testing means...

Android versions have a Google+ group.  Join that to learn more - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104510054128618368971

Note that mobile Beta releases aren't usually available for tablets...

Archived