Evernote for iOS v7.7.11 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

We released Evernote for iOS 7.7.11 this morning, and it should be available to everyone in the App Store shortly.

This release contains an updated camera SDK, improvements to iPhone 6 Plus camera stability, and some fixes to iOS 9-specific issues.

Camera improvements

• Updated camera SDK
  • iPhone 6 Plus stability improvements - you may notice a lower resolution preview image while captures are processing, but the overall camera functionality is much more stable

iOS 9-specific improvements

• Quick Note buttons on iPad are sized to fit the new landscape Calendar/Widgets view
  • Various crash fixes (emailing a note, etc.)

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

PS: If you are running iOS 9 Beta and encounter issues, please leave feedback on this thread: iOS 9 - Main thread.

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and... 

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten? 

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly. 

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder? 

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where? 

Marty DiBergi: I don't know. 

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do? 

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven. 

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder. 

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder? 

Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

This is Spinal Tap (1984)

12 replies to this idea

Spell check still does not work on iPad air with an external keyboard.

I have thousands of notes in Evernote. I am finally starting to move away from using Evernote because five years of the spelling checker not working is getting irksome. I've changed hardware several times, but the software still has the same problem. (It is not the keyboard. I see the same with with both Apple, and Logitech keyboards) (It is not the device. 1) I've changed devices several times. 2) Spell check works correctly using the on-screen keyboard.)

For now I am using either Notes or Pages to write followed by cutting and pasting into Evernote. This is not satisfying. 1) It is tedious. 2) Some formatting information does not paste.

Even though it will be painful to move thousands of notes to another program, after five years of this not getting fixed, I am looking for something else.

• Level 5

I have thousands of notes in Evernote. I am finally starting to move away from using Evernote because five years of the spelling checker not working is getting irksome. I've changed hardware several times, but the software still has the same problem. (It is not the keyboard. I see the same with with both Apple, and Logitech keyboards) (It is not the device. 1) I've changed devices several times. 2) Spell check works correctly using the on-screen keyboard.)

For now I am using either Notes or Pages to write followed by cutting and pasting into Evernote. This is not satisfying. 1) It is tedious. 2) Some formatting information does not paste.

Even though it will be painful to move thousands of notes to another program, after five years of this not getting fixed, I am looking for something else.

Hi,

We use something called a web view to display our notes and make them editable (across platforms). Within that framework, Apple allows access to the following:

• autocomplete suggestions while typing
  • autocorrections while typing
  • tapping on a misspelled word to see other suggestions

They do not however give us access to red underlining of text. If you have Predictive Text turned on, you'll see suggestions above the keyboard (iOS 8+).

This framework is also what causes the long-press/selection menu box pop-up to disappear on first highlighting of a word or phrase.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi,

We use something called a web view to display our notes and make them editable (across platforms). Within that framework, Apple allows access to the following:

They do not however give us access to red underlining of text. If you have Predictive Text turned on, you'll see suggestions above the keyboard (iOS 8+).

This framework is also what causes the long-press/selection menu box pop-up to disappear on first highlighting of a word or phrase.

Thanks,

Chuck

This makes me curious if the use of Web View is what prevents Evernote from supporting Dynamic Type?

Hi, since the update my iPad does not sync anymore.

I checked evernote web to see that the notes were updated to the server correctly. (they were)

I also tried restarting the iPad and logging out/ back in. (didn't help)

Just wanted u to know, 

Regards,

niki

ios 8.4 (12H143)

Evernote for iPad 7.7.11

• Level 5

On iPad at least, if you save a note and thn go back into it the camera icon is no longer visible or accessible on the toolbar at the top of the note (or in the submenu).

Hi,

In a note on the iPad, you should see a paper clip button in the top menu bar that will have Camera, Saved photo, and Audio options to add to your note. Please let me know if you're not seeing that on your device.

Thanks,

Chuck

• Level 5

Hi, since the update my iPad does not sync anymore.

I checked evernote web to see that the notes were updated to the server correctly. (they were)

I also tried restarting the iPad and logging out/ back in. (didn't help)

Just wanted u to know, 

Regards,

niki

ios 8.4 (12H143)

Evernote for iPad 7.7.11

Hi Niki,

I'm sorry to hear this. Could you advise what Evernote version you upgraded from? 

Please file a support ticket (Settings > Support > Submit a Support Request) and include your activity log so we can look into your issue further.

Thanks,

Chuck

On iPad at least, if you save a note and thn go back into it the camera icon is no longer visible or accessible on the toolbar at the top of the note (or in the submenu).

Hi,

In a note on the iPad, you should see a paper clip button in the top menu bar that will have Camera, Saved photo, and Audio options to add to your note. Please let me know if you're not seeing that on your device.

Thanks,

Chuck

Thanks

I see the paperclip and then the Camera under it. So its a feature and not a bug. This is a bit confusing - why demote the camera from the top level toolbar once the note has been saved?

Also, the auto-capture detection appears to have changed with this latest release as Evernot is having a lot more difficulty in recognizing projected Powerpoitn slides.

Hi,

Thanks,

Chuck

As you described, it works fine when using the on-screen keyboard, but with an external keyboard, it does not work. Spelling does work within Notes and Pages using the external keyboard.

Today, 02:24

Hello everybody!

I'm looking for help.

How can I get the last compatible version 7.7.11 for my iPhone ? My phone is an S4 and I can't update more than iOS 7.

In the APP Store, only it's available the 7.8

Thanks in advance

Carlos from Argentina

Archived