Note link disappears upon clicking

keisoko

Hello,

I am using Evernote 5.9.0.8665 (276665) Public on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I clipped an article today from TechRepublic called "Locate data even faster with a custom find technique in Excel" at http://tinyurl.com/pphdxo9/ into my MS_Office_Tips notebook in the Technology Tips stack. At the bottom of this article is a link to another article at TechRepublic called "Eight advanced tips for Word headers and footers". However, I already had this articled clipped to the above notebook before. So, I decided to change a link from pointing to the article on the web to the earlier clipped note in my Evernote notebook. I right-clicked on the "Eight advanced tips" note, held Ctrl key and clicked on "Copy Note Link" option from the menu. Then I switched to the "Locate data" note, scrolled to the bottom, right-clicked on the link I wanted to change and selected Edit from the resulting menu. I got a box with existing URL already selected. I pressed  Ctrl-V and overwritten an existing URL with note link I copied earlier and pressed "Enter". Upon clicking on new link to check, it switched me to a ”Eight advanced tips" note in my Evernote notebook. However, when I switched back to "Locate data" note I discovered that note link I just created had disappeared. All I had is title of the article and no link. I tried it again, sync Evernote before clicking on the link with the same result. Shutdown Evernote, stopped all related processes in Task Manager, restarted it with the same result. While writing this, I tried copy note link without using Ctrl key with the same result. It disappeared upon clicking.  Dima.

post-96143-0-93620200-1441049317_thumb.p

• Level 5*

I don't know why things have changed,  but I do notice you're on Windows 10 now,  which seems to throw up quite a few oddities..  you could report this as a bug - you won't necessarily get any follow-up,  but it does mean that the devs will take a look at your situation and (maybe) fix it in a future release...

submit a bug/ lost data report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

- or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps (include the forum thread URL for extra background)

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Archived