Possibility to auto resize pictures taken with alt+printscreen?

kylescousin

Hello,

I often take screenshots of VLC media player when it's playing on a 4K screen. With alt+printscreen, so it only copies the selected window to the clipboard.

But then, when pasting this in Evernote, it's HUGE and hard to annotate. How do you make sure these screenshots are scaled down in evernote? Or set a maximum width of some sorts.

Is this possible and how?

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you're taking several screen shots,  I'd suggest you search online for an app that will batch resize pictures.  VLC presumably saves JPGs,  but given the HD output,  they'll naturally be BIG files.  There's no way (yet) in Evernote to resize the pics,  but since they'll all be a standard size,  you should be able to run a batch process that will cut them down by 50% or even 75% before you even start importing them to Evernote or annotating the content.  I'd suggest some experimentation to begin with - if you only ever intend these pics to be seen on screen you could probably cut down the resolution too.  Try it out and see how small you can get the files and still have them acceptably sharp.

Smaller files will use up less of your upload allowance too...

Hi.  If you're taking several screen shots,  I'd suggest you search online for an app that will batch resize pictures.  VLC presumably saves JPGs,  but given the HD output,  they'll naturally be BIG files.  There's no way (yet) in Evernote to resize the pics,  but since they'll all be a standard size,  you should be able to run a batch process that will cut them down by 50% or even 75% before you even start importing them to Evernote or annotating the content.  I'd suggest some experimentation to begin with - if you only ever intend these pics to be seen on screen you could probably cut down the resolution too.  Try it out and see how small you can get the files and still have them acceptably sharp.

Smaller files will use up less of your upload allowance too...

Batch processing is what I want to avoid, when watching a video, I just want to quickly paste a screenshot to evernote and annotate it.

Archived