Move EN Database

seaspray

I wish to move EN database and have followed the information so far available (tools--> option -->) but I must move off 'C:' and the destination (network) 'H:' is not presented as an option.

Background is Win 7 in a corporate setting.  Restricted (and exceeding) profile space on 'C:' hence need to make the move (constant windows derived messages intrude on my work flow).  Please don't ask me to talk to my IT :-0

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote doesn't play well with network drives,  especially on work networks.  If you can't see an H drive then it's not available.  There's quite a bit of comment hereabouts on the question of keeping personal data on work systems - general consensus seems to be that it's better not to,  and if it's not 'official',  then it's really better not to.  Options would be a mobile device or the web version - or may be have a separate work account and 'share' a notebook with that account from your main database.  Your new account will only have that notebook to display,  so you're not storing so much data locally.

Thanks for interest in my problem.

Certainly interested in the 'personal data on corporate server' issue.

Workaround - turns out the (usually locked) USB ports allow my 'keyring' so I just bought a bigger one and I'll have EN where ever I go (next week)

Closed - as far as I am concerned.

Archived