Jamison.IO

Place .jpg into EN and can't zoom out?

I took a photo of a notebook page and would like to be able to see the whole thing at once. Is there any way in the evernote windows app to 'zoom out'?  I have to be missing it somewhere...

Hi.  Windows isn't known for its zoomability in many versions,  and Evernote tends to be - eccentric - in the way it sizes big pictures for display in a note.  You could try Presentation mode,  or open the picture in a viewer which will zoom the display,  or use one of the (many) options to make the picture smaller...

Thanks - there are always workarounds. The idea is to not have to do that. I want to be able to look at my notes in a way that makes sense to me. Being able to see an entire photo on the note screen seems like a pretty basic thing for the world's leading note taking product.

Being able to see an entire photo on the note screen seems like a pretty basic thing for the world's leading note taking product.

I agree.  And that is how it work in EN Mac 6.1.  The image auto-resizes as you adjust the size of the EN window, so that the entire image always fits within the window.  I see nothing in the Win OS that would prevent this for EN Win.

Just thought I'd bump this to see if anything has changed - I still don't see a way to easily zoom out on a picture in the evernote windows Desktop app.

On 11/3/2016 at 6:11 AM, APenNameAndThatA said:

Press the button that says you want to annotate the page. You can zoom in the annotate view. 

Brilliant! A workaround, but brilliant!

Depending on how your jpg handler is set, you should probably be able to just double click on it, and zoom it in the program that you have configured. In my case, it's just the Windows image viewer...