copy paste javascript formatting issue

mase1981

Hi Guys,

i have an issue going on ever since i got evernote that is driving me nuts and i cant figure out how to disable/fix it....

Every time i copy paste from a website, or anywhere that uses java and formatting, and paste it in evernote note.

it paste it with extremely bad formatting and i get this line: " This site requires JavaScript to be enabled"

and i have to go to "Format --> Simplify formatting" and then delete the line " This site requires JavaScript to be enabled"

is there any way possible to bypass that? Set simple formatting by default, or something that this error will not come again and it will paste normally...

it is extremely annoying to paste first in notepad and then copy paste again into evernote.

thank you.

apologies for the topic line, it was simply IMPOSSIBLE to pass the "Sorry, an error has occurred. Your topic contains suspected spam." error.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry about the spam nanny - we still get spam too..

As to your query - AFAIK the only way to get a 'default' plain text entry is to copy and paste to a plain text editor like Notebook and copy from there to your note.

There used to be a 'Paste as Plain Text' right-click option but that has now changed to 'paste and match style' which suggests that if you create a plain text template,  you could copy your note and then PAMS the content into it - but I've not tested that,  and ymmv with your content.

Please let us know if you find a good option...

Archived