thinner evernote installs?

fred2112

HI,

How do I make some notebooks downloadable and keep some in the cloud?

My notebooks are getting very large and using too much space on my PCs so I'd like to only bring down certain notebooks when I need them but ensure EN still holds them all. I guess this is the reverse of local notebooks.

a perfect example is with old notes >10,000 of them. I don't need access most of the time and on the odd occasion I do I'd like to get to them via the web rather than the application.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Selective sync has been an open request for some time so don't know if it will ever happen.  One solution some have used is to create a new account into which to move all of the "old" notes and notebooks.  Then share those notebooks with yourself in the main account.  In the end, you don't have to have the new account on your desktop.

Would I need two long-term paid accounts or can I setup a new paid account until I have migrated my old notes then revert to free for the archive account?

What would I lose in an archive account which was "free"?

• Level 5*

You could establish the archive account as premium for one month to enable the migration and then revert to free after that.  You would then be able to move 60MB of notes a month to archive.  If it is truly an archive account, it may be an oversimplification, but the only thing I think you lose is the upload limit.  That and having all your notes in one place, but then that's the issue.

To be clear, I have not done this myself, 30k notes and 17GB data base.

thanks... I think I'll do this. I can then move any frequently used notes back into my paid account. I have a lot of rubbish now but no time to go through it so archiving to a new account will be like starting anew but without losing anything.

Cheers

• Level 5*

You are welcome. 

If/when you share the archive notebook(s) with yourself, be sure and go to properties for the notebook(s) in your main account and uncheck the sync option.  I'm assuming that the archive notes you access are downloaded to cache for some period but I don't know for sure.  Would be interested to hear how it goes for you.

Archived