Evernote Should Buy IQTELL! Who's In?

pirate727

Many of us who use IQTELL have been searching for years to find the perfect solution for managing our Inboxes.  Nothing matches the flexibility of IQTELL, an no other program comes close to providing the same workflow.  Most importantly, no program integrates Evernote and Email the way IQTELL does.  At first, I thought it was dated and bulky.  But once you commit to it, you can really make progress and create a custom workflow that works for you.  It changed the way I operate and made me more productive almost instantly.

It's a no-brainer that IQTELL should be part of Evernote.  Many IQTELL users believe this would be a great partnership as well.  Evernote could easily take the program to new places and even expand 3rd party integrations.  

Let me know what you think by commenting below.  If you know IQTELL, then you know I'm right.  If you don't, spend some time with it and I hope you'll agree that it's a match that will definitely work.  

I have used IQTell for a few weeks and never quite got it right. It felt too complicated for me because IQTell borrowed the tagging from Evernote and incorporated it into IQTell thus creating two tagging-systems next to each other.

But IF IQTell could be integrated into Evernote making it a natural seamless app, I can give your suggestion a YES-vote.

Something needs to happen to save IQTELL. It has way too much functionality and is too valuable to too many people to be shut down.

If Evernote purchasing IQTELL is an option I would be very happy. 

I'm cautiously optimistic that somehow, someway the program is saved and I can continue being as productive as I am now by using IQTELL and Evernote. 

Scott

I agree very much with pirate727. I'm Beta-tester for IQTELL and also long-time Evernote user. I welcome this endeavor and looking forward to this collaboration.

To Metrodon, obviously, there is a money part involved but that not the essence. EN and IQ can become both even better/improve.

To Eric, yes, IQTELL requires a bit of thought, but once you allowed yourself to do so, it really becomes part of your live, like Evernote. There's a great community which keen to help.

To finalize, a big YES​.

I agree very much with pirate727. I'm Beta-tester for IQTELL and also long-time Evernote user. I welcome this endeavor and looking forward to this collaboration.

To Metrodon, obviously, there is a money part involved but that not the essence. EN and IQ can become both even better/improve.

To Eric, yes, IQTELL requires a bit of thought, but once you allowed yourself to do so, it really becomes part of your live, like Evernote. There's a great community which keen to help.

To finalize, a big YES​.

How do you feel about the two tagging-systems alongside each other ? For me that's the big problem with IQTell.

EVERNOTE, please seriously consider purchasing IQTELL as a super smart add on for EVERNOTE.  In fact, it was IQTELL who got me started in using EVERNOTE and now I have five (5) EVERNOTE accounts.  Two, of which, are premium.

IQTELL provides its users with excellent executive oversight and would be a wonderful fit to be part of the EVERNOTE family of products.

Benefits of building an EVERNOTE & IQTELL Partnership:

1)EVERNOTE excels in managing static information, storing vast amount of data, files and anything internet found making stored data easily accessible and at your finger tips.  

1)IQTELL excels in managing dynamic information (giving you a centralized location to alert you to important time-sensitive stuff, to a specific focus of action, with zero distraction...zero distraction is an excellent and unsung feature)

2)EVERNOTE excels in its search capability to find very specific notes and being able to search .pdfs...I absolutely love this about EVERNOTE)

2)IQTELL excels in its dashboard VISUAL overview to show its users, upcoming responsibilities in advance, removing any trace of anxiety of missing important engagements.  Notifications are super sophisticated and flexible as notifications allow for 100% customization from very low frequency to very high frequency of reminders....it is totally up to the user.

3)EVERNOTE excels as the king of the collection inbox, capturing data from browsers, online magazines (Zite), email providers (pretty much every web based email service has an EVERNOTE add-on option), camera image capture, business card capture, skitch capture....the list is endless.

3)IQTELL excels as the king of the email inbox, capturing all user email accounts into one "easy in box" enabling users to manage only one email inbox.  So many of us have different email accounts: business email accounts, family email accounts, contract specific email accounts, online service email accounts, social email accounts, etc.  IQTELL's "easy inbox" with the ability to integrate multiple email accounts into ONE email inbox allows its users to have the upper hand with their email management.  Let's face it, email is not going away.

Above are just three powerful examples of how IQTELL would be a wonderful compliment to EVERNOTE.  I believe in EVERNOTE.  I believe in IQTELL.  Together they would be the bomb in business and personal productivity.

Thank you so much.

Given that they probably can't make enough money to keep going on their own, I'm not sure what the benefit to Evernote would be....

This is a fair (and probably accurate) point.  But really, isn't everyone in this situation in the beginning stages of creating a productivity tool.  IQTELL's biggest flaw is it's complexity.  Evernote's biggest draw is its simplicity.  Merge the two - problem solved. 

IQTELL could certainly benefit from a decreased learning curve and Evernote users will benefit from the bevy of integration services (EN, email, calendar, GTD workflow...) that IQTELL provides.

No need to respond, Metrodon.  Neither of us is sitting in the decision chair, anyway.

I think Evernote has been trying to penetrate the enterprise space for a while, bringing collaboration  and other features ot the mix. There's only so many times you can tweak the UI or increase indexing speed to remain relevant. 

IQTELL offers strengths that Evernote simply needs to entice more corporate clients to adopt the Evernote way.

• A full email client which integrates seamlessly into the ecosystem
  • Baked in integration with Evernote tags and notebooks which goes both ways
  • flawless incorporation of GTD, the most used productivity paradigm in the world, into a logical workflow with Evernote as a key piece

And, it has a dedicated user base willing to pay to keep it alive.

I'm an IQTell user since the beta days and its loss would cause great agony. I've also been an Evernote Premium user for several years and I agree with the other posters that they make a dynamite combination.

I'm not as convinced as others that merging the products is such a good idea. The ecosystems of these two products are quite different and reconciling them in a joint product could damage functionality.

Simplicity/learning curve

To some extent simple products do simple things, it takes complex products to do complex things. We currently live in a world of apps, simple little bits of software that do simple things and have little to no learning curve. Every IQTell user has battle stories about the handful of apps they used to try to co-mingle to try to achieve a small part of what IQTell can with a fairly modest investment in learning, setup and planning.

To be completely frank, IQTell is not even really that complex, it is however customizable and powerful. Every other product I've used for email triage and project management has a paradigm that it imposes on you. While IQTell is a great solution for GTD, neither it nor other paradigms are imposed. You can use it out of the box or craft your own unique workflow.

They have also done a great job with instructional materials, knowledge base and forums.

IQTell's current problem

There have been some hints in IQTell's correspondence (and I think some spot on speculation) about where the really problems are. It seems that there are two primary things that IQTell needs at the moment, and oddly enough it doesn't sound like money is one of them. (Although it is probably lurking around somewhere in the background, it always is).

1. Growth in user base (I know that is money to some extent). IQTell's current user base is fiercely loyal and mostly willing to pay much more for the product.
  2. The last update from IQTell's owner indicates that increased exposure and legitimacy is a current pain point. He also hinted that there are a number of things that could help: allying with a prominent VC, engaging in a strategic partnership or endorsement, and perhaps a full on buy out.
  3. The other issue facing IQTell is a current shortage of skilled staff (likely programmers) which could also be alleviated with an increase in prestige and exposure.

Evernote is a natural place to look for some of this endorsement or even a whole-sale buyout, although I've made my personal preference known above a buyout would be preferable to losing IQTell completely. IQTell has been tightly coupled with Evernote for quite sometime and I would venture to say that most IQTell users rely heavily on both products.

IQTell's owner also indicated in one of his recent updates that he has had a tough time getting EN to "look" at IQTell. I'll add my name to the other posters in asking EN to please take that look, IQTell is a unique and excellent product.

Troy

How do you feel about the two tagging-systems alongside each other ? For me that's the big problem with IQTell.

For me what you refer as a two tagging-system is a one tagging-system. I love that IQtell integrates and synchs all my Evernote tags, this way I have no two tagging systems! But I think it depends on how you generally use tags.

I would like to add my voice of support for IQTell. Simply put, it is excellent, well-made, and the kind of thinking we need in productivity software. Above, Troy wrote, "Every other product I've used for email triage and project management has a paradigm that it imposes on you. While IQTell is a great solution for GTD, neither it nor other paradigms are imposed. You can use it out of the box or craft your own unique workflow."  This, I suspect, is why so many of us who have found IQTell love it so much. It flexes with the way we think, rather than asking us to bend our thinking to fit the program. This, if I do say, is genius. It is worth the 15 minutes of youtube watching to learn how to customize and set things up as you want. 

I would probably not be an Evernote user if I did not use IQTell. I don't know enough about business or partnerships to know whether a buyout or whatever would be good for anyone. I do know, however, that I am here on this forum for the first time (after many years of using Evernote) to do the tiny bit I can to support IQTell, because IQTell is amazing. 

I could survive without the EN Premium, but IQTell functionality is priceless.

EN is not enough for planning and organizing, it needs IQTell.

It is a business opportunity EN cannot miss it: the benefit for million of users. Who wouldn'd be a Premium EN user??

Just imagine for a moment, EN would be the greatest inbox ever adding:

-***Sharing your notes through a professional system From your email account through EN***

-Process your emails

-Dragg it to your Projects

-Add the to-dos

-Add it to a Calendar, not just a reminder

IQTELL really is an amazing app that simply hasn't received the recognition that it deserves - perhaps due to insufficient marketing and never having reached its needed 'critical mass'.  The software that the team over there in Marlboro, NJ have created is ambitious, yes, but it delivers so much on that in areas not being met by anything else out there.  But the important thing is.... it's not dead yet!!  Evernote, and the Evernote users can help save this gem of an app.

In my first post here, since this is an Evernote forum, I'll talk about its most direct Evernote integrations. In future posts I'll get into its vast array of other amazing uses in tandem with Evernote and GTD (as well as a myriad of custom uses)

No app I've ever used has the level of integration with EN that IQTELL has - here's just a few off the top of my head:

1. creation and editing of Evernote notes directly from within IQTELL
  2. tag integration - tags created for notes, emails, actions, projects, contacts, etc can now used (and searched) across resources
  3. dynamic two way- linking of Evernote notes to emails, actions, projects, contacts etc - a great way to attach support material to your activities and communications with the outside world - it all neatly comes together as one now.  Great for personal or enterprise use.
  4. The IQTELL 'EN2IQ' function allows tags created in Evernote to automatically create tasks, projects, ticklers etc in IQTELL, without anything being done in IQTELL itself!
  5. Search tie-in with Evernote.  You can search your emails, actions and Evernote with one global all-encompassing search!  In addition, you can perform Evernote style searches:  'intitle', 'tag', 'notebook', 'created', etc of Evernote notes from within IQTELL itself.  You can also create IQTELL Saved Searches of Evernote notes, which allows you to perform interesting combinations of EN searches and email/project/actions searches side by side.
  6. Tab based Evernote - one overlooked cool area of IQTELL is it's tab-based functionality, which lets you have multiple EN notes open side by side with related Projects, Actions, Contacts, etc. and let you flip back and forth between them- a great way to see related resources side by side.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, I'll follow up with other amazing aspects of IQTELL.  It really would be a shame to see IQTELL go by the wayside.  It has, in my opinion, been an innovation leader in what is possible in resource integration in both personal and enterprise productivity areas, and it deserves a lot more attention than it's getting!

I'm an IQTell user since the beta days and its loss would cause great agony. I've also been an Evernote Premium user for several years and I agree with the other posters that they make a dynamite combination.

I'm not as convinced as others that merging the products is such a good idea. The ecosystems of these two products are quite different and reconciling them in a joint product could damage functionality.

Simplicity/learning curve

To some extent simple products do simple things, it takes complex products to do complex things. We currently live in a world of apps, simple little bits of software that do simple things and have little to no learning curve. Every IQTell user has battle stories about the handful of apps they used to try to co-mingle to try to achieve a small part of what IQTell can with a fairly modest investment in learning, setup and planning.

To be completely frank, IQTell is not even really that complex, it is however customizable and powerful. Every other product I've used for email triage and project management has a paradigm that it imposes on you. While IQTell is a great solution for GTD, neither it nor other paradigms are imposed. You can use it out of the box or craft your own unique workflow.

They have also done a great job with instructional materials, knowledge base and forums.

IQTell's current problem

There have been some hints in IQTell's correspondence (and I think some spot on speculation) about where the really problems are. It seems that there are two primary things that IQTell needs at the moment, and oddly enough it doesn't sound like money is one of them. (Although it is probably lurking around somewhere in the background, it always is).

1. Growth in user base (I know that is money to some extent). IQTell's current user base is fiercely loyal and mostly willing to pay much more for the product.
  2. The last update from IQTell's owner indicates that increased exposure and legitimacy is a current pain point. He also hinted that there are a number of things that could help: allying with a prominent VC, engaging in a strategic partnership or endorsement, and perhaps a full on buy out.
  3. The other issue facing IQTell is a current shortage of skilled staff (likely programmers) which could also be alleviated with an increase in prestige and exposure.

Evernote is a natural place to look for some of this endorsement or even a whole-sale buyout, although I've made my personal preference known above a buyout would be preferable to losing IQTell completely. IQTell has been tightly coupled with Evernote for quite sometime and I would venture to say that most IQTell users rely heavily on both products.

IQTell's owner also indicated in one of his recent updates that he has had a tough time getting EN to "look" at IQTell. I'll add my name to the other posters in asking EN to please take that look, IQTell is a unique and excellent product.

Troy

Troy,  I think you are on to something here.  I totally agree with your comment about IQTELL not being complex as much as it's infinitely customizable.  Our need for simple straightforward tools that come ready to go, out of the box, with little to no learning curve is really at the core of the issue.  Perhaps the staff that Ran needs most are not programmers at all, but marketers and business development experts.  The sad reality is that no matter how great IQTELL is, it needs to rebrand itself as the one-stop shop "productivity tool."  It is still seen by too many people as the tool that requires too much setup and tweaking to make it perfect.  I've been using IQTELL for almost a year and I'm still a novice at most of it's features.  And we all know that the average user won't give an app or tool more than a few hours of tweaking before their moving on...  So, why am I still using it, because (yep, you guessed it) it's still the best tool out their for email processing, EN integration and GTD workflow.  Even the training videos are too numerous.

Maybe EN is not the best partner, but they should definitely be a collaborator and promoter.  And maybe even help bring some interested other EN supporters into the mix to fill in the gaps that IQTELL is in need of.

The more I read these posts and those on the IQTELL forum, the more I am convinced that something good is going to come out of this and that September 16th will come and go and IQTELL (or whatever it will be called), will still be alive.

That doesn't mean we can rest easy.  There is still a lot of work to be done.  What would be helpful to me would be to hear regular updates from Ran and a clear call to action on what they need and how we can all help.

I am an avid user of both Evernote and IQTell.  Receiving the news of the planned IQTell shutdown was quite the shock since I have been using it for almost 2 years and can't imagine not having it.  I love IQTell's one-stop "command center" where I can handle all my email, manage my calendar, and follow David Allen's GTD structure, all within one location.  As easily confessed by current users of IQTell, there is NOTHING out there that matches IQTell in its functionality and available customization.  Since I am able to link Actions and Projects to my Evernote entries, I am able to keep a seamless integration with my favorite digital filing cabinet, EN.  Between the "Clip to EN" option in Chrome and IQTell, I am able to get whatever I need added to EN done efficiently.  I would HIGHLY recommend that Evernote consider some sort of relationship with IQTell to provide other EN users this great tool that I have appreciated these past two years.  As some have mentioned in this forum, the customization and interface of IQTell can seem a bit overwhelming for some people.  I believe that the EN team may be able to help with this to make IQTell more appealing to a wider spectrum of users (though I personally enjoy what we currently have).  Oh, and let me also add that the mobile app has been a joy to use.  I especially enjoy the EZ Inbox where I can handle all my incoming emails on my smartphone.  I would hate to see IQTell completely shutdown.  i also would hate to see EN miss out on a worthwhile addition to the EN family.

• Level 5*

Any of you measuring the cost of integrating the 2 products? Who will pay for this?

Given that IQTell can't survive on it's own and Evernote has it's own struggles, seems to me that a load of cost would be added to satisfy a pretty small use case/number of users.

I'm not in the decision chair, if I was, this is probably one I'd stay a million miles away from.

Found this on one of the other forums, this was yesterday:

ranjflam (Company Admin) 4 hours ago
Update 

1. Based on the huge support and responses we received on this forum, we are in the process of pursuing all options for continuation!
  2. Renowned VC option - These efforts includes getting a renowned VC to make an investment, not so much for the actual funding part (our current funding is still there), but more so, providing IQTell the recognition and the vote of confidence from a well-known investment firm. In which case, we would move our offices to a more prominent location and overall, will have it much easier hiring new talent, which is mostly where we're currently hurting!
  3. Evernote
  4. Yes, indeed, my vision all along, ever since I became aware of Evernote several years ago, I’ve been 100% confident that a combined EN-IQ solution would be the heaven on earth for all users who care to be organized, productive and get things done.
  5. This would be a great offering to the Productivity world, both for the Evernote users, IQTell users, as well as the rest of the worldwide users seeking the perfect productivity solution!
  6. Evernote and IQTell - Augmenting Evernote offerings with those of IQTell offers would mean embedding task-project management with integrated email client, calendar and contacts functionality within Evernote would result in a most effective all-in-one solution.
  7. A perfect option for many-many Evernote users and all existing IQTell users.
  8. Current status?
    1. Ever since I participated in the Evernote user conference EC3 in September of 2013, I have been trying to approach Phil Libin, then CEO of Evernote, as well as his executive team. I received no response even though I emphasized the benefits such a combination would offer to all users.
    2. Increase Evernote’s paid subscriptions - Throughout my correspondence with Evernote, I expressed my confidence that a holistic productivity solution will substantially increase the number of paying users.
    3. New Evernote’s CEO - Thanks to one of IQTell’s most active users, we were able to just recently renew our correspondence with Evernote, this time with theirnew CEO, Chris O’Neil who came over from Google. Hope to hear from Chris and his team, even if for the purpose of entering some initial discussions.
    4. Yes, you can help! - Write Evernote. You may also discuss your needs on theirDiscussions forum. Express whatever you desire to accomplish with Evernote and IQTell. This may indeed help!

All options are still on the table! 
Depending on the outcome of the next days, we may also consider delaying the scheduled shutdown. 

As always, we all appreciate your loyalty! 
Thank you all.

It seems to me IQTell never marketed itself at all.

It isnt in any of the shortlists of personal project management software though it is superior to almost every other more 

famous contender.

I fell across it by accident and even when I tell friends about it unless they get the name exactly right or I send them

a link they cant find it by search.

Scenios my favorite film management software is going out of business too right now and they are another web app you

cant find by search. If they ever hired someone to do SEO and SERP they should get their money back.

Customers do not beat a path to your door if they dont know you exist ///

It is Sunday. I am going to go to church for the first time in my adult life and pray IQTell is bought by Evernote. IQTell is the only productivity/action management app that makes Evernote more valuable. It is not even close. 

The integration is unmatched. My entire life exists in Evernote & IQTell. Evernote needs IQTell, IQTell needs Evernote. 

Please, for the love of GTD, please look at how an IQTell Evernote union would be monumental for both parties.  

I am not affiliated with IQTell (other than an addicted user). 

Any of you measuring the cost of integrating the 2 products? Who will pay for this?

Given that IQTell can't survive on it's own and Evernote has it's own struggles, seems to me that a load of cost would be added to satisfy a pretty small use case/number of users.

I'm not in the decision chair, if I was, this is probably one I'd stay a million miles away from.

There are a whole spectrum of options in between IQTELL going out of business and Evernote buying them out, and it's my hope that Evernote users and Executives consider lending their support to a great product, which I should note already has phenomenal integration with Evernote.  

For me what you refer as a two tagging-system is a one tagging-system. I love that IQtell integrates and synchs all my Evernote tags, this way I have no two tagging systems! But I think it depends on how you generally use tags.

Agree with Claudia, there is no two tagging system - IQTELL just out-reaches Evernote.  If you desire, you can stay with just the Evernote created tags and apply them to emails, actions, projects, contacts, etc.  There is no downside that I can see if set up this way, just the best integration available within Evernote limitations.

Agree with Claudia, there is no two tagging system - IQTELL just out-reaches Evernote.  If you desire, you can stay with just the Evernote created tags and apply them to emails, actions, projects, contacts, etc.  There is no downside that I can see, just incredible integration.

Maybe I am too much of a newbee but as far as I could see, IQTell imported the notes and tags from EverNote and you could ad a new tag to these notes in IQTell. As far as I could see, the new tag was NOT visible in EverNote. That is why I refer to two tagging systems. If that is not correct, than it is not an issue (just being a recent user of IQTell). But if my point is correct than there is no "incredible integration".

Agree with Claudia, there is no two tagging system - IQTELL just out-reaches Evernote.  If you desire, you can stay with just the Evernote created tags and apply them to emails, actions, projects, contacts, etc.  There is no downside that I can see, just incredible integration.

Maybe I am too much of a newbee but as far as I could see, IQTell imported the notes and tags from EverNote and you could ad a new tag to these notes in IQTell. As far as I could see, the new tag was NOT visible in EverNote. That is why I refer to two tagging systems. If that is not correct, than it is not an issue (just being a recent user of IQTell). But if my point is correct than there is no "incredible integration".

Hi Eric,

You can add any Evernote created tag in IQTELL to any note and it will be reflected in EN.  It's not an importation of tags, it's a dynamic two way relationship, made possible by IQTELL.  If you're talking about Evernote not accepting new tag creation from outside sources, that is a limitation of Evernote, not IQTELL (you can't even create new tags from the EN 'email-into-Evernote' feature), and it argues even more for Evernote to break down its walls and partner with 3rd party vendors.  I myself have a large structure of tags in Evernote and I use them freely in IQTELL/Evernote integration without issue.  

Hi Eric,

You can add any Evernote created tag in IQTELL to any note and it will be reflected in EN.  If you're talking about Evernote not accepting new tag creation from outside sources, that is a limitation of Evernote, not IQTELL (you can't even create new tags from the email into Evernote feature), and it argues even more for Evernote to break down its walls and partner with 3rd party vendors.  I myself have a large structure of tags in Evernote and I use them freely in IQTELL/Evernote integration without issue.  

Aha, so if I create a tag in EN and use this tag in IQTell then it will return in EN, if I create a new tag in IQTell this tag wil NOT be shown in EN.

OK, I can live with that, discussion closed about the two tagging systems :)

Thanks for the explanation

Indeed. How about instead, those who think that one already struggling (and clearly troubled) company buying a defunct app is a recipe for success, buying IQTell themselves and doing the integration, using Evernote's API???

I could survive without the EN Premium, but IQTell functionality is priceless.

EN is not enough for planning and organizing, it needs IQTell.

It is a business opportunity EN cannot miss it: the benefit for million of users. Who wouldn'd be a Premium EN user??

Just imagine for a moment, EN would be the greatest inbox ever adding:

-***Sharing your notes through a professional system From your email account through EN***

-Process your emails

-Dragg it to your Projects

-Add the to-dos

-Add it to a Calendar, not just a reminder

I couldn't survive without my Evernote Premium and my IQtell subscription. They both are essential to me private and in business. For me the two aren't just apps - together they  are the Solution! Too bad that I found IQtell not earlier and had to struggle to get things done for a bit longer. I became only aware of it because I was desperate and thought looking in the Apps Center on the Evernote homepage. All those years searching and I never came across IQtell in my extensive search. Bad marketing indeed. When I heard about the shutdown of IQtell I immediately started (again) searching and testing other options, but there is none! And after the last and so hopeful status update I stopped this frustrating process - for now.

In additon to ximaga's feature list here is what features I additionally appreaciate the most and are not often mentioned:

- calendar (not just due-date, you can add a start- and end-date plus, and this is the killer feature for me, you can even add the address! Great when Google Now reminds you when you need to leave for your appointment)

- contacts (keeping your contacts in IQtell up to date is a breeze, of course you can link them like everything else to what ever you want. Great is the promt for contact feature!)

- search (you love the power of Evernote's search? Imagine IQtell does the same, but not only your notes, your search can include everything like email, contacts, actions, etc!)

Evernote should really concider in at least partnering with IQtell in some way. They fit together perfectly. For me Evernote is intelligent storage and IQtell is the brain for processing.

It is integrated. The request is to pool resources and/or market them together, making each more valuable. That way people that are clueless (like you) can comprehend their collective power making both products more profitable.

It is integrated. The request is to pool resources and/or market them together, making each more valuable. That way people that are clueless (like you) can comprehend their collective power making both products more profitable.

Hey! Even better! So put your money where your mouth is and do it your own darn self, if you think it's such a great idea! There are all these people posting in this thread that I'm sure will back you up financially.

Make it happen!!!

Git'er done!

Honestly, whatever it takes to keep IQTell alive is fine with me. IQTell changed my life. Seriously. I was drowning at work and at home. IQTell pulled me out of the water.

That said, Evernote would be a great savior, and it would be practically seamless for us, the users. And I definitely would not mind paying more for IQTell.

Now it's time for someone to pull IQTell out of the water. I think an elephant could do the job.

Cheers

Everyone should really talk to IQTELL, if other similar app does EN will lose lot of subscribers (me first).

I think EN needs more IQTELL then the other way around. IQTELL is getting better and better, EN isn't. There is only one app like IQTELL and a lot line EN.

• Level 5*

Integrating IQTell into Evernote, making it one product, would be disastrous. The company vision would essentially be thrown out the window. Evernote currently balances the line between simple/complicated perfectly (up for debate, though - many think Evernote is too complicated already), but it's a precarious position. Adding in features like those found in IQTell would tip it towards "Complicated" immediately. Evernote is for storing and accessing information. Project management is a whole other can of worms. Evernote's 100m+ users, versus IQTell's however many (whatever the number, it's obviously not a sustainable amount), seem to prove the point that Evernote is great the way it is. When you try to do too many things with one product, it ends up good at doing none of them.

I agree with @Chirmer that a merge is out of the question. Way too naive a sentiment. Although GTD is great, there is a bit of a learning curve which the general masses are not easily won over to. And then not all who tinker with GTD are convinced. I salvage only bits and pieces of it. No matter whether GTD really is the way to go or not... It's a heck of a job trying to educate people on workflows. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. An IQTell merge would be perfect for many... But there are many more Evernote users who've never heard of IQTell or choose not to use it, than those many IQTell fans, and they won't wan't to have it forced down their throats.

I've used many brilliant 3rd-Party Evernote apps very happily... But I wouldn't want them to be an actual part of the Evernote app. They're fine just the way they are - as 3rd-party apps that integrate well with Evernote through its API.

The very fact that Evenote promotes many 3rd-party apps and has an awards thing each year for the best-of-category apps that connect to Evernote... To go and merge with any one would disenfranchise all the rest. Evernote can't afford to play favorites.

The proposal just doesn't make sense... And - bottom line - it IQTell couldn't keep afloat on their own, it demonstrates that although being a brilliant app, it's not that easy to convert people to your way of doing things. They might do well to offer a free GTD book by David Allen for a year's subscription (or vice versa). That would be a better attempt than trying to get Evernote's attention.

Sure Evernote knows all about IQTell. Why wouldn't they? It's just that they've chosen to be silent for good reason.

If I had my own way, I'd have Gneo, Swipes and WorkFlowy wedged right into Evernote... But I realize that would be kind of dumb...

Sneaking this in before topic gets closed?

I never thought of EN merging IQ as one service, but I think there is something to be said for EN taking it on as an investment, because as a 3rd-party app IQ offers more features and functions that are extensive and integrative of EN. Evernote gets its own link on the IQ home page, and is singularly considered by the developers and many of its users as for that extension and integration of the EN service.

I'm using IQ now, and see it this way: Evernote is my memory, IQTell is my intellect. 

• 1 month later...

I have used IQTell for a few weeks and never quite got it right. It felt too complicated for me because IQTell borrowed the tagging from Evernote and incorporated it into IQTell thus creating two tagging-systems next to each other.

But IF IQTell could be integrated into Evernote making it a natural seamless app, I can give your suggestion a YES-vote.

Both Evernote and IQTell tags are fully synced --- with one exception.

Tags deleted in Evernote remain in IQTell --- to quote the IQTell KB, in case the tag in question is attached to an IQTell action/project, etc

EVERNOTE, please seriously consider purchasing IQTELL as a super smart add on for EVERNOTE.  In fact, it was IQTELL who got me started in using EVERNOTE and now I have five (5) EVERNOTE accounts.  Two, of which, are premium.

IQTELL provides its users with excellent executive oversight and would be a wonderful fit to be part of the EVERNOTE family of products.

Benefits of building an EVERNOTE & IQTELL Partnership:

1)EVERNOTE excels in managing static information, storing vast amount of data, files and anything internet found making stored data easily accessible and at your finger tips.  

1)IQTELL excels in managing dynamic information (giving you a centralized location to alert you to important time-sensitive stuff, to a specific focus of action, with zero distraction...zero distraction is an excellent and unsung feature)

2)EVERNOTE excels in its search capability to find very specific notes and being able to search .pdfs...I absolutely love this about EVERNOTE)

2)IQTELL excels in its dashboard VISUAL overview to show its users, upcoming responsibilities in advance, removing any trace of anxiety of missing important engagements.  Notifications are super sophisticated and flexible as notifications allow for 100% customization from very low frequency to very high frequency of reminders....it is totally up to the user.

3)EVERNOTE excels as the king of the collection inbox, capturing data from browsers, online magazines (Zite), email providers (pretty much every web based email service has an EVERNOTE add-on option), camera image capture, business card capture, skitch capture....the list is endless.

3)IQTELL excels as the king of the email inbox, capturing all user email accounts into one "easy in box" enabling users to manage only one email inbox.  So many of us have different email accounts: business email accounts, family email accounts, contract specific email accounts, online service email accounts, social email accounts, etc.  IQTELL's "easy inbox" with the ability to integrate multiple email accounts into ONE email inbox allows its users to have the upper hand with their email management.  Let's face it, email is not going away.

Above are just three powerful examples of how IQTELL would be a wonderful compliment to EVERNOTE.  I believe in EVERNOTE.  I believe in IQTELL.  Together they would be the bomb in business and personal productivity.

Thank you so much.

Totally superb analysis --- especially "IQTELL... with zero distraction...zero distraction is an excellent and unsung feature"

• 1 month later...

I agree.  Evernote should buy them and integrate IQTell more tightly, just not the other way around.  IQTell should remain a separate product - it is far too complex for the way most people use Evernote. 

My biggest gripe about IQTell has been that it doesn't store everything in Evernote.  I would much rather that it stored all of the basic note information there, since I don't think IQTell will be around indefinitely, so I don't want to store my info there (if Evernote buys them, I'd change my mind about that).  I also want to be able to tag & search my projects & actions *in Evernote*.

I looked at ZenDone as a possible alternative, but they have been promising an update for over a year and can't deliver, so I have no confidence in their ability to maintain the product. 

My biggest gripe about IQTell has been that it doesn't store everything in Evernote.  I would much rather that it stored all of the basic note information there, since I don't think IQTell will be around indefinitely, so I don't want to store my info there (if Evernote buys them, I'd change my mind about that).  I also want to be able to tag & search my projects & actions *in Evernote*.

Actually if you use the EN2IQ workflow for creating Actions, Projects, Phone Calls, etc. all of your data goes in through Evernote, and the organizational and infrastructure components exist redundantly in IQTell.

So I can create a note in Evernote and tag it appropriately so that IQTell will recognize it as an Action and store the data in Evernote, or with a different tag IQTell will recognize it as a new Project and add any checkboxes as Actions of the Project... again with all the data remaining redundantly stored in Evernote.

It's pretty brilliant actually. 

http://kb.iqtell.com/evernote/en2iq

Archived