CRONOFY for Evernote - 1st ever perfect integration btw Evernote reminders and Calendars

polocanada

Hello Evernote team,

Evernote is still lacking integration with our busy schedules. We don't expect Evernote to be everything from coffee machine to fortune teller, we need ability to manage all the reminders and work to-dos we put in there. Evernote has Evernote-Reminders which is great, and it can pop up as a Notification when they are turned on. 

Right now to schedule something for a day I first check my calendar, then set alert in Evernote, then go back to my calendar app and create there a Calendar Appointment or a To-Do (depends). That's not all. I will go back to Evernote, and at least copy the shared link or copy some of the content in Evernote, then go back to calendar and past this information.

Total 5 steps required. This process should be reduced to one single step. Hello Evernote Cronofy ...

https://evernote.cronofy.com/ 

I think you should seriously think get together with these guys and invite them to work with you together, or join Evernote and purchase the company.

Two reasons:

1. Privacy - I don't want 3rd party web-services have access to my Evernote account. But I can't live now without Calendar integration, so I have to allow Cronofy to access my Evernote account. I would rather prefer Evernote offers this functionality within the paid package.

2. Economics - I don't know how this company is going to survive. If they are going to start charging for the service, it better be reasonable rate, not because of being cheap but because I am already paying 3 premium Evernote accounts and I am not ready to shell out money for 3 other Cronofy sync services. Often as it is bulk of that goes to maintaining servers, upgrades, overhead etc..  See story about http://iqtell.com/and some others.

I am anxious to see the integration as a native feature in Evernote:

- Exchange

- CalDav (Yahoo Calendar and many others)

- Google Calendar

The integration should give option whether I am creating a To-do Reminder or a Calendar Appointment.

Microsoft OneNote for example has native integration between the content of OneNote with their Outlook application and while I don't expect anything close to that, but since Evernote is a web-service, integration with CalDav and other calendars would be boost for Evernote and ability to offer it to more business customers. 

Thanks for consideration.

What I am looking for is a way to create and/or access an existing Evernote note and attach or link the note as I create an appointment or event in Google Calendar.

Would prefer not to have to start the process with Evernote, but rather Google calendar and be able to directly open/edit my note in Evernote from Google calendar.  I don't see anyway to do this using Cronofy at this point.

Right now I think there is only one or two iOS apps that can do something what you are looking for. I don't know the names, I tried the calendaring apps in the past but I deleted as it didn't fit my process. Try searching Google for iOS apps calendar evernote keywords..

Yea - I've searched a bit too, but the only way I have found for now is to create a note in Evernote and then copy the link into the notes section of the google calendar appointment I want to link it to.  Maybe Google should buy Evernote then maybe they could get this to work.

Maybe Google should buy Evernote..

I beg you don't even mention that. I hope this will never happen. I rather have Microsoft or Apple buy Evernote than Google. I store my life in Evernote.

The worse option could be Facebook buy it with real money or Russian hackers with stolen bitcoins..

• 3 weeks later...

I'm Founder & CEO at Cronofy so firstly thanks for the kind words.

Our business is an API provider to allow software developers to integrate their apps and services with their users' calendars. The Evernote Calendar Connector was a great way for us to demonstrate to people what is possible when you start linking calendars to web services and treating calendars as interfaces.

We also have integrations for Zendesk and Slack

@GLK56 you may be interested in our Zapier application This will allow you to generate Evernote notes whenever a calendar event is created. We've created a Shared Zap template that does just that.

Hello, Cronofy is a good service. I think it do exactly what we want, but I didn't subscribe becouse it wants my apple's id and password❗️❗️❗️

Please show me that I'm wrong and Cronofy don't save anywhere my apple's user/pass.

How much safe is Cronofy?

Sorry adambird, you did a good job, and I want to use your app...

Hi Enki.

If you HAVEN'T got two-factor auth on your Apple ID enabled then we exchange your credentials for a token using a proprietary Apple process. We only store the token and not the credentials.

If you HAVE got two-factor auth enabled then you will need to create an app-specific password that we do store.

• 6 months later...

@GLK56 I've tried and it works. It does create a link to the evernote but it is in the description field and is not transformed into an hyperlink.  

@adambird Is it possible to enhance this feature? It is a google calendar problem.  Does using html solve the prob.  like <a href=”URL”> display text</a>

When I want a link to an evernote I use the Where field that turns it into an hyperlink in the event

Oh, and congratulations on the good work. 

@adambird When, in a browser (tested Chrome and Firefox) I open the google calendar event created by Cronofy from an Evernote reminder, I don't see the Description field and have to edit the event to view it. In this case the link to the evernote reminder does not appear in the description filed as an hyperlink. Its something like  http://in.cronofy.com/ ... but we cannot click it. 

As I said, it is a google calendar Description field issue.

If we paste it into the Where field it creates an hyperlink and if we click it it opens the evernote reminder

HOWEVER  in Android we can see the description field whitout having to click edit the event and we see the hyperlink and can click it to open the evernote reminder

Thank you for the fast feedback, pretty impressed

Hi @Lo. we don't support that at the moment. Unfortunately the way Business notes are modelled in the Evernote API (the service we use to interact with notes) is completely different for Personal and Business. It's on the list of potentials but it would probably be a paid for option.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Remus sorry for the delay in responding. At the moment the way to do that is to login, choose the Delete Account option and then go through the sign up process again but choose the new calendar you'd like to sync with. This will ensure everything is tidied up for the transition.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2015 at 4:22 AM, polocanada said:

Hello Evernote team,

Evernote is still lacking integration with our busy schedules. We don't expect Evernote to be everything from coffee machine to fortune teller, we need ability to manage all the reminders and work to-dos we put in there. Evernote has Evernote-Reminders which is great, and it can pop up as a Notification when they are turned on. 

Right now to schedule something for a day I first check my calendar, then set alert in Evernote, then go back to my calendar app and create there a Calendar Appointment or a To-Do (depends). That's not all. I will go back to Evernote, and at least copy the shared link or copy some of the content in Evernote, then go back to calendar and past this information.

Total 5 steps required. This process should be reduced to one single step. Hello Evernote Cronofy ...

https://evernote.cronofy.com/ 

I think you should seriously think get together with these guys and invite them to work with you together, or join Evernote and purchase the company.

Two reasons:

1. Privacy - I don't want 3rd party web-services have access to my Evernote account. But I can't live now without Calendar integration, so I have to allow Cronofy to access my Evernote account. I would rather prefer Evernote offers this functionality within the paid package.

2. Economics - I don't know how this company is going to survive. If they are going to start charging for the service, it better be reasonable rate, not because of being cheap but because I am already paying 3 premium Evernote accounts and I am not ready to shell out money for 3 other Cronofy sync services. Often as it is bulk of that goes to maintaining servers, upgrades, overhead etc..  See story about http://iqtell.com/and some others.

I am anxious to see the integration as a native feature in Evernote:

- Exchange

- CalDav (Yahoo Calendar and many others)

- Google Calendar

The integration should give option whether I am creating a To-do Reminder or a Calendar Appointment.

Microsoft OneNote for example has native integration between the content of OneNote with their Outlook application and while I don't expect anything close to that, but since Evernote is a web-service, integration with CalDav and other calendars would be boost for Evernote and ability to offer it to more business customers. 

Thanks for consideration.

Thank you for posting this. Just what I was looking for.

• 3 months later...

Hi @adambird thanks a lot for Cronofy -- it's very useful indeed. one question: I've tried to make Evernote reminders recurring by modifying the corresponding entry on Google Calendar (as it is proposed on some blogs out there). How are such recurring instances handled then? I've experimented the following:

1. create a dummy reminder note for tomorrow on evernote
  2. make it recurring for five days in a row in GooCal
  3. tomorrow mark the reminder as done on evernote
  4. see that all future entries disappear in GooCal, BUT the first one which remains in its place even though the reminder was marked as "done"

I'm not asking this as a feature (I can imagine that the only way to do this neatly would be to duplicate reminder notes etc) but just would like to understand which is the correct way to use Cronofy for Evernote. Thanks!!

Archived