Text editor formatting and note link issues in Windows EN fixed in Mac EN

BradSteffen

Hello:

I had the pleasure to use the Mac version of EN today and discovered that my issues with the editor and note links in the Windows version have been solved in the Mac client.  It was truly a joy to work in Evernote without having to fight the editor or linking tools.

Unfortunately Windows is my primary OS.

Specific issues are as follows:

1. Bulleted and Numbered lists break while editing.  Sometimes the only fix is to destroy the entire note and start from scratch.  In a notebook that uses note links to cross reference, this is catastrophic to workflow.
  2. Collecting a Note link from another note changes focus from the note I am working with to the note from which I am collecting a Note link.  This behavior is a significant speed bump to idea capture.

Both of the above features work flawlessly in the Mac EN client.  Unfortunately, looking through this forum, there are threads that date back to 2013 documenting the above Bulleted/Numbered list issues in the Windows client and they are still present in the latest build.  

In addition, the Mac client also has two more note list views than the Windows client.  One of which (side list view) is much better for my workflow.

Is there a timeline for the Windows EN client to become on par with the MAC EN client for these features / fixes?

Thank you,

- Brad 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi. Sorry to take a while to comment on this - you may have seen that there have been updates to the Windows client in the meantime which may have gone some way to addressing your issues - in general though the Evernote OS teams have the individual brief to get the best performance they can out of their respective devices. 

Different OS's can mean that the same operation is more difficult to achieve on one machine than another,  so on the details there may be widely different priorities between teams.  There's an overall wish to keep operations broadly similar,  but as you've seen it boils down to bullets here don't work the same as bullets there. 

All I can suggest is that you feed back any differences that you see here or via the support link - https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action
 - or reach out on Twitter @Evernotehelps to make sure that the team are aware of major differences and frustrations...

• Level 5*

In addition, the Mac client also has two more note list views than the Windows client.  One of which (side list view) is much better for my workflow.

Try this to toggle the EN Win List View between Top and Side:

Ctrl + Shift + F5

Archived