Evernote for iOS v7.7.10 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

We released Evernote for iOS 7.7.10 this morning, and it should be available to everyone in the App Store shortly.

This release contains a major update to the note list screen, an updated camera SDK, and share extension improvements.

iPhone Note list changes

• New note button at bottom of note lists
    • Tap once to expose Photo, Text, and Reminder quick note buttons - tap one of those to create a new note
    • Or tap and hold the new note button and drag your finger to one of the quick note buttons
    • If you change your mind, tap the X that appears in the bottom middle to close the quick note actions and return to the note list
  • Note list view options are now in the overflow menu (bottom right)
  • Notebook info is now in the overflow menu (if you're in a notebook)
  • Shortcuts have moved to bottom left of note list
  • Reminders have moved to top of note list

Additional notable changes

• Changes to the way note attachments (audio clips, PDFs, etc.) are rendered within a note to workaround an issue that was treating the attachment as part of text and removing the attachment when using autocorrect or auto-suggest

• Share extension improvements including better handling of titles from Notes and web sites as well as improved performance for large web pages

• Updated Work Chat architecture in preparation for future features - this will necessitate a down sync of all messages on first launch after updating to 7.7.10

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

PS: If you are running iOS 9 Beta and encounter issues, please leave feedback on this thread: iOS 9 - Main thread.

13 replies to this idea

I like the changes to Reminders. I like this change so much I hope it makes it to the iPad, too. I've never liked Reminders on the iPad showing up in a popup window. Especially since that window makes such poor use of the big iPad screen - the popup could at least be the same height as the screen, but copying the iPhone method would be better.

And as always, a user configurable (or at least bigger) note font would be welcome, especially for the iPad.

Keep up the good work.

I think a Glance screen featuring any notes marked with reminders should be available for Apple Watch. I know that Apple Watch has an Evernote app but no Glance that I can view recent reminders or notes. PLEASE include this in the next version!!! It would definitely get me to switch over from Wunderlist for my reminders and my notes together!

• Level 5*

A couple of burps when I first opened the app after the upgrade, but seems to be fine now.  Reminders visibility is better I think, create a note a mite slower.  Thanks.

• Level 5

I like the changes to Reminders. I like this change so much I hope it makes it to the iPad, too. I've never liked Reminders on the iPad showing up in a popup window. Especially since that window makes such poor use of the big iPad screen - the popup could at least be the same height as the screen, but copying the iPhone method would be better.

And as always, a user configurable (or at least bigger) note font would be welcome, especially for the iPad.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Level 5

When will the spell check underlining be fixed? Been broken for years. Praying. Thank you.

Hi Steve,

We use something called a web view to display our notes and make them editable (across platforms). Within that framework, Apple allows access to the following:

• autocomplete suggestions while typing
  • autocorrections while typing
  • tapping on a misspelled word to see other suggestions

They do not however give us access to red underlining of text. If you have Predictive Text turned on, you'll see suggestions above the keyboard (iOS 8+).

This framework is also what causes the long-press/selection menu box pop-up to disappear.

Thanks,

Chuck

• Level 5

I think a Glance screen featuring any notes marked with reminders should be available for Apple Watch. I know that Apple Watch has an Evernote app but no Glance that I can view recent reminders or notes. PLEASE include this in the next version!!! It would definitely get me to switch over from Wunderlist for my reminders and my notes together!

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your feedback. We do not have a Glance at this time, but are considering one for a future release.

You may also be interested in this thread on Watch functionality: Introducing Evernote for Apple Watch.

Cheers,

Chuck

• Level 5

Work Chat is very slow to post.

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the feedback. Can you provide some additional information? Specifically: iOS version, Device model, single person chat thread or between more than you and one other person, when sending text only or with an attached note/notebook, all work chats or just some?

Thanks!

Chuck

Evernote is great and I have used it for a while. I've never posted any suggestions because it just works! However, I was really upset to find that now it is an extra "tap" to add a note to a notebook on my iPhone. I often add notes in a hurry and this extra step is just a drag. Is there any way to just default to a new text note? That is what I add - never photos or reminders. Thanks for a great product - it would just be nice to go back to the "one tap" to add a new note.

Archived