Does the Evernote Web Clipper work in Microsoft's Edge browser?

Sharon E.

I have web clipper working on my main compurer and also Safari.  I have now have Windows 10 with IE edge.  I have downloaded Evernote, and logged into my account.  According to what I have read, when you download the program it also installs the Web Clipper.  Since the new IE Edge does not have a command bar, or a tools option, I have not idea how to find the Web Clipper. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As a workaround you can install Evernote Touch from the windows app store. The only downside is that it will resync all data to Evernote Touch also, this does allow you to capture pages to Evernote though...   Just use the share feature below I posted pics I hope they help!   PLEASE MAKE A WAY!!! That works better!!!   You can always default back to Internet Explorer in windows 10 just search for it from your start menu and pin it to your start menu and taskbar.

post-122373-0-16109600-1446128525_thumb.

post-122373-0-90834300-1446128525_thumb.

post-122373-0-14430400-1446128527_thumb.

As a workaround you can install Evernote Touch from the windows app store. The only downside is that it will resync all data to Evernote Touch also, this does allow you to capture pages to Evernote though...   Just use the share feature below I posted pics I hope they help!   PLEASE MAKE A WAY!!! That works better!!!   You can always default back to Internet Explorer in windows 10 just search for it from your start menu and pin it to your start menu and taskbar.

That is a half-backed workaround. It saves the header of the webpage and a link to this webpage, not the content of the webpage itself.

At beter solution which works for most of my time:

If you open the menu (...) you can select 'open with internet explorer'. it starts internet explorer and opens that particular page you are viewing. Clip it from there, as the web clipper works with Internet Explorer.

• 4 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 2:23 AM, Michael Bollinger said:

windows 10 does not recommend browsers other than edge but I have found no problem using any other browser for web clipper

But that's just M$ BS. Chrome works ever so much better than Edge on a Win 10 computer, and you have an awesome web clipper. My only reason for using Edge this one time was to install the Evernote web clipper on Edge. Now that I have learned that one can't do that, I'll not be using Edge again anytime soon.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2015 at 3:38 PM, BillD said:

But that means, since I now am using Windows 10 Edge, Evernote is pretty much worthless to me.

Choosing between Edge and Evernote should be a no-brainer. Dump Edge in preference to Chrome, which has an awesome webclipper, much better than the one that one would have used on IE, and stick with Evernote.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2015 at 5:53 PM, xavalon said:

At beter solution which works for most of my time:

If you open the menu (...) you can select 'open with internet explorer'. it starts internet explorer and opens that particular page you are viewing. Clip it from there, as the web clipper works with Internet Explorer.

Thank you for this suggestion.  So far it seems to be the best option.

I'm missing something here. Why would anyone care that Web Clipper wasn't available in a MicroSoft browser, when there are better, faster, and more secure browsers available to use? Traditionally, over many years, Internet Explorer has always been slower, more prone to picking up viruses, and less able to render standards-compliant web pages correctly than all other major browsers, including Chrome, Opera, FireFox and Safari. I have no idea if those long-standing problems have been magically fixed by Edge, but why waste time finding out? 

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:16 PM, rubenb said:

Update: Microsoft is working on the extension API. And we're partnering with them to bring Web Clipper to Edge:
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/03/17/bringing-extensions-to-microsoft-edge/

Cool thanks for the update.  I really prefer Edge browser.  It works as well as the other browsers and doesn't have the outdated look of Chrome.   Any updates of when an extension will come out for Edge?   Chrome has become a hog and if there was Edge for mobile I wouldn't use Chrome on my phone.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 6 June 2016 at 3:28 AM, Ricky said:

Cool thanks for the update.  I really prefer Edge browser.  It works as well as the other browsers and doesn't have the outdated look of Chrome.   Any updates of when an extension will come out for Edge?   Chrome has become a hog and if there was Edge for mobile I wouldn't use Chrome on my phone.   

They say it will be released on Aug 2.

I have to use Edge for a couple of things that just don't work or don't work correctly on Chrome. My thought is that if this isn't resolved by the time my premium renewal (the cost of which is going up nearly 50%) comes due in the next few weeks, I'm outta here and off to Onenote. I've been testing it and there are some issues but not $70 worth of issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to clip a page, but insist on using as Edge as your main browser, then just click the "..." menu in the top right hand corner of Edge and select "Open the page in Internet Explorer" and it will open in an IE window, then you can clip it. It's an extra step I guess, but it's what I do.

OR

Just make Internet Explorer your default browser instead of Edge (IE also comes with Windows 10)

Anyway, maybe someone has already mentioned all this, so sorry if it's a repeat. 

(BTW. You do have to ensure that IE has it's extensions enabled of course!!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It appears that Evernote can now be added to Microsoft Edge. I have it now on both Firefox and Edge. BUT .. when you click on the logo at the top right of the browser window the options displayed are different in each browser. With Firefox we are offered the following clips ..

• Article
  • Simplified Article
  • Full Page
  • Screenshot

For me, the final option is the most important, so I'm annoyed to find that when using Edge we are offered the following clips ..

• Article
  • Simplified Article
  • Full Page
  • Bookmark

I don't understand why these two are different.

• 8 months later...

Archived