Import google Keep data to evernote

John Smith The One

Hi,

I'm new to evernote. I exported my google keep data in a .zip by using google takeout. How do you import this .zip to evernote ?

I tried the following article:

https://evernote.com/intl/fr/contact/support/kb/#!/article/25071271

It tried with both folder:

C:\Takeout\ 

C:\Takeout\Keep

The first folder imported only the index.html

The second folder where every google keep's data is stored in a separated .html is not imported at all.

So Is it possible to import google keep data to evernote?

Thanks for your help.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote can import various file types - try setting up an Import folder (Evernote Desktop > Tools) and dump your Google Keep HTML files in there.  Depending on what exactly Keep exports into those files,  you may or may not have some of your data back.  Some trial and error required I suspect and some general web searches to find someone who already did this (if it is possible).  I found one link How can I export Google Keep data into another application which didn't seem too hopeful...

PS back up your windows database before you start,  and create a new Local Notebook (File > New Notebook) to import your files.  Unless you're a Premium user,  4MB - or any serious fraction thereof- will use up your current month's upload limit a few times over!

Hi.  Evernote can import various file types - try setting up an Import folder (Evernote Desktop > Tools) and dump your Google Keep HTML files in there.  Depending on what exactly Keep exports into those files,  you may or may not have some of your data back.  Some trial and error required I suspect and some general web searches to find someone who already did this (if it is possible).  I found one link How can I export Google Keep data into another application which didn't seem too hopeful...

PS back up your windows database before you start,  and create a new Local Notebook (File > New Notebook) to import your files.  Unless you're a Premium user,  4MB - or any serious fraction thereof- will use up your current month's upload limit a few times over!

Hi gazumped,

the .zip I got from exporting my google keep's data, I tried by unzipping it in a new folder called "takeout". This folder contains two things:

- a html file

- a folder called Keep.

I tried two setups in evernote's "import folder" feature.

1/ using Takeout folder, it only import the index.html.

2 using Takeout/Keep. It doesn't import anything.

Thanks for your help.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Did some further searching,  but the best that came up was copy and paste individual notes.  Google Keep seems to do exactly what it says on the can - it Keeps your data!

Archived