No undo button in notes?

Hi,

I am a relatively new Evernote user and am desperately trying to make it work for me but I've had several cases now where I am in a note and press a style button such as lines or put into presentation format etc just to see what it does so I can work it all out and it totally deletes the content of my note or changes it and I can't get it back to the original version. Where on EARTH is the 'undo' button?! I've just lost a note that was important because it got over written by a new format and went blank! Does this mean I must choose my note format before I type a word?

I am using an IMac with Yosemite.

Thanks

• Level 5*

There's not a button, but you can use CMD+Z to undo the last few changes.

Undo is also available in the Edit menu.

The Evernote undo is a bit flaky, sometimes undoing more than you'd expect, and other times not undoing at all.

But I guess it's better than nothing.

In general, these standard Mac shortcuts are available in almost all apps in an editing area:

Shortcut           Description
Command-X             Cut: Remove the selected item and copy it to the Clipboard.
Command-C             Copy the selected item to the Clipboard. This also works for files in the Finder.
Command-V             Paste the contents of the Clipboard into the current document or app. 
Command-Z              Undo the previous command.
Command-Shift-Z     Redo, reversing the undo command. 
Command-A              Select All items. 

• 1 month later...

Flaky to say the least, JMichael. I was just using the desktop Mac app and right clicked on a photo in an Evernote that had just synced in, so it didn't respond immediately. Inadvertently the photo got selected and the contextual menu settled on Paste. So, the text of my clipboard was pasted into the note replacing the photo. I immediately went to the Edit menu but all actions were grayed out. So, no Undo. Photo lost in an instant!

UPDATE – RESOLVED:

I believe the issue in my case was that I had navigated out of the note before going for Undo.

However, I WAS able to recover the photo by going into the Note history and finding the previous version of the note and importing it.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived