Transfer ownership of a notebook?

I have a notebook full of teaching resources, but I've recently changed teaching positions. I want to give ownership of the notebook to one of my former teammates so that I can remove the notes from my account.

How do I do that? The notebook is currently shared to the person I want to give ownership.

• Level 5*

There is no mechanism for "transfer of ownership".  The intended recipient can just create a new NB in his/her account, and copy all of the Notes from the shared NB into it.  Then you can delete the shared NB when you are sure the recipient has the notes.

There is no mechanism for "transfer of ownership".  The intended recipient can just create a new NB in his/her account, and copy all of the Notes from the shared NB into it.  Then you can delete the shared NB when you are sure the recipient has the notes.

Yes, there's also this much easier solution! :)

Unfortunately the notebook is also shared with a number (10+) of other colleagues who would benefit from keeping access to it. I have one in mind who would be the ideal "owner" ("head curator"). I realize the new answer is "Have the person re-share the notebook with everyone" but that's easier said than done for this group of users. (We've had sharing issues in the past that have turned some folks off to the process.)

So, while I appreciate the ideas and they would work in the right context -- I forgot the whole context of the situation. Sorry!

• Level 5*

I don't know if this is a viable solution for you, but if the account you own is mostly/all teaching resources for your group, then you could remove/copy any personal stuff to another EN account, and change the account email/PW of the current account to something that is "owned" by your department, with a "department" email address.  This way the account could be "transferred" as needed in the future by simply giving the new "owner" the login credentials.

Does this make sense?

I don't know if this is a viable solution for you, but if the account you own is mostly/all teaching resources for your group, then you could remove/copy any personal stuff to another EN account, and change the account email/PW of the current account to something that is "owned" by your department, with a "department" email address.  This way the account could be "transferred" as needed in the future by simply giving the new "owner" the login credentials.

Does this make sense?

That's a good idea, but it's really just this one notebook -- with 1,400+ notes -- that would need to be transferred. The other 5000+ notes are mine :)

• Level 5*

Well, it looks like you're going to have to bite the bullet, and create a new shared notebook for your group,in a different account.

Perhaps you can use this as an opportunity to set up a new account that will be used by your group, or department.

Well, it looks like you're going to have to bite the bullet, and create a new shared notebook for your group,in a different account.

Perhaps you can use this as an opportunity to set up a new account that will be used by your group, or department.

I'll probably just leave all the notes as-is in my current account and forget about it. The return on any investment more than just clicking a button to change ownership just isn't there :)

Thanks for the ideas. 

Archived