Seriously - you cannot change colours of notebooks or design of notebooks

I am hoping (but not too hopeful) that it is possible to change colours of notebooks - having all grey notebooks on a grey background is about as poor a user interface that anybody can think of.

Its such a basic thing that I cannot believe it does not exist.

Ill be moving on shortly as I need a progromme that works over the cloud that not only has great functionality (which Evernote has) but has a mind to think about the GUI.

Seriously Evernote - what were you thinking?

One was thinking about 'adopting' this programme but since it looks like its from the eighties and has grey icons for notebooks on grey background - kinda makes me wonder - why on earth would any developer makes such a hideous GUI?

Some of us require a modicum of decent look/feel to programmes we use ;-)

• Level 5*

the mac design isn't my cup of tea, but evernote (ios) has won awards in the past, so i think it's probably that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all of that.

https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2013/06/10/wait-what-evernote-5-selected-as-2013-apple-design-award-winner/

personally, i do appreciate a polished design, but i can live with just about any design as long as the functionality i need is there.

• Level 5*

evernote.png

I don't know what to say about this other than - it's a hideous interface to work with

ok. i am not keen on it either, and we've had lots of debates about this here over the years.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/77432-evernote-mac-60-hate-the-new-interface/page-4

but, as metro said, it is what it is. at this point, with nearly 8 years of asking for colors, and actually seeing colors stripped from the app, i think it isn't worth getting too worked up over it. it's great to express your opinion, but there isn't much more to say. some people say it is unusable and so forth (actually, for some people with eye conditions, it may very well be unusable), but somehow 150 million other users manage it.

evernote.png

I don't know what to say about this other than - it's a hideous interface to work with

For sure... I don't disagree with you there...

One solution would be to never look at it. I never need to look at that menu. Why don't you expand your list of notebooks in the Left Panel?

Notable is a different category of app altogether. There's no way to begin to compare the two apps. You may need to do your homework so that no matter what app you choose, you know what you're in for. 

With Notable you have a 30-day free trial period. From there, you could pay "as little as $19/ month". It's essentially a collaboration app for teams. Maybe that's what you're after...

• Level 5*

I have chosen Notable - enjoy the eighties folks ;-)

Notable? Wow. That came out of the blue. Let us know how it goes. It seems to be a great app (from what I know about it), but I guess it is a whole different thing altogether for most of our use cases. 

evernote.png

First, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hideous??? Seriously???

Second, some of us prefer function over form. I prefer an app that does what I want it to do. I

And no, this is not the 80's view. I suspect you are much too young to have experienced 80's apps...since they didn't exist except on larger, personal computers and were mostly character based.

But thanks for playing.

Archived