A new icon for completed reminders in iOS apps

Dan Wilson

Change Icon for Completed Reminders?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a different icon for completed reminders?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How useful would such a change be to you?

• Very useful
    • Useful
    • No difference
    • A hindrance
    • A real big hindrance

Idea

I'd like to request a change to the way iOS apps handle completed reminders.  Currently in the notes list for iPhone and iPad* the reminder icon for a completed reminder is identical to that of an incomplete reminder.  In each case the icon is a solid green alarm clock – see screenshot which shows a reminder that I had completed.  It would be more helpful to have a different icon for completed reminders.  Perhaps a grey icon?

This change would reduce confusion.  Often I scroll through my notes list and see these icons and think, "I thought I did that already?"  In the past I began "clearing" all completed reminders so that the icons wouldn't show up in my notes list, but I then thought I'd rather keep some kind of record of what I have and have not done with my EN reminders.  The immediate visual feedback in the notes list would be helpful to me, and probably to others.

Evernote_Reminders_in_iOS_Note_List.png?

* If a note is open in the right pane then we can differentiate some completed reminders by a struck through date.  A grey icon could work here, though I appreciate that grey text would also be needed.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

I'd like to request a change to the way iOS apps handle completed reminders.  Currently in the notes list for iPhone and iPad* the reminder icon for a completed reminder is identical to that of an incomplete reminder.  In each case the icon is a solid green alarm clock – see screenshot which shows a reminder that I had completed.  It would be more helpful to have a different icon for completed reminders.  Perhaps a grey icon?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like a good idea. As a follow-on, do you feel that you need an indicator on the note list for a note with a reminder that is marked as "done"?

Cheers,

Chuck

Hi Chuck

The icon on the notes list is a quick visual indication that something needs doing.

Having no icon in the notes list would be just as good as a visually different icon. Possibly better.

In Note detail views the information about when a reminder was completed would be good to retain.

Archived