New Evernote for Windows 5.8.16 Beta

Justin Street

A new beta version of Evernote for Windows is available. You can download it here

Release notes for 5.8.16 Beta:

• Improved performance of table resizing
  • Improved loading of contact picker when sharing notes and notebooks
  • Improved performance of checkboxes
  • Stacks now automatically expand when searching for notebooks

Thanks for giving it a try!

With the last two betas there were some bugs introduced that were not there in the last stable release. Bugs were mostly mentioned in the threads for each beta, respectfully. It forced me to revert back to last stable release. Can you list and bugs that were fixed in this release in regards to both stable release and last two betas. Thank you.

I always say i will keep a good working build.....and then i finish up installing latest beta, ok so:

In this build, one of the functions that i use every time, the "Paste as text" command, is modified/lost(?) -don't tell me why- to "Paste and match style" (image attached), so the paste as text is missing now? kidding me right? downgrading again.....thank you.

Best regards,

post-92205-0-49982200-1439342453_thumb.j

• Level 5*

Why, every time I resize a table, does the cursor jump to the top of the note? When tweaking the size of columns it is very frustrating to have to keep going back to the table I am trying to adjust. The actual resizing works fine - just keep the focus on the table, not on the top of the note. Please.

• Level 5*

I very, very rarely take audio notes, but I took one yesterday and I cannot see it in the Windows app. It shows up in the Snippet view that there's something there, but the note is empty.

SR9uE2q0Pk-3000x3000.jpeg

That bug has been there *forever*!  Sometimes the placeholder will appear so it can be clicked and sometimes it will disappear or never appear.  I was hoping this might have been fixed by now (I rarely use audio notes myself), so probably good that you brought it up.

Hi,

Overall i worked fine with this version, que only problem i have is the note editing, it has some lag when deleting text with bacspace and moving through text with Spacebar...

Best regards,

Why, every time I resize a table, does the cursor jump to the top of the note? When tweaking the size of columns it is very frustrating to have to keep going back to the table I am trying to adjust. The actual resizing works fine - just keep the focus on the table, not on the top of the note. Please.

Hi,

Overall i worked fine with this version, que only problem i have is the note editing, it has some lag when deleting text with bacspace and moving through text with Spacebar...

Best regards,

Both of these bugs should be solved in our latest release: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/87863-new-evernote-for-windows-590/

• 4 weeks later...

When will highlights in notes be supported?  I used to be able to print my notes that had highlights in them and they would print the highlighted text with the highlighted color over the text.  Now it loses the highlights when printing.  It also loses the underline format if I use that.  This all used to work in older versions and has been an issue for quite some time now.

Archived