Default Save Location for Screen Clipper Problem

tomnc

Hello,

I am trying to establish a default location for all my screen clips in Evernote, Desktop Edition for Windows 7. I have gone to Tools, Options, Clipping and set the "Specify Clip Destination" default as a Notebook called "Screen clips". 

But when I capture and save a screen shot, it is saved in my current active Evernote Notebook, not the default notebook ("Screen Clips") desired. 

Sure I'm doing something wrong but can't find a solution anywhere. Thanks

• Level 5*

If you are talking about web clips using Clipper there is an Options icon on the bottom of the clipper pop up.  Make sure the notebook set in there is the one you want.  

I believe the clip destination under Tools - Options - Clipping is for screen captures.

Thanks. I am referring to screen captures, not the web clipper.   

The pdf here shows what my Options are set for as to Clipping on Evernote desktop. Here shown as saving all clips to a notebook names "Screen Clips". 

But when I save a screen clip, the shot gets saved to the active notebook, not Screen Clips.  

• Level 5*

Don't know what to tell you. 

1. I tested with my setup, INBOX being the target notebook, and all worked as one would expect. 
  2. I created a notebook named Screen Clips and and used it for the default and all clips went to that notebook, whether I was positioned in it or not.  So it seems to be working for me. 
  3. Did about 10 clips in the test.

You could try a File - Exit to see if anything gets reset, rename the notebook, or use a different notebook as a test.  Other than that, support ticket is all that comes to mine.

Thanks. I am referring to screen captures, not the web clipper.

The pdf here shows what my Options are set for as to Clipping on Evernote desktop. Here shown as saving all clips to a notebook names "Screen Clips".

But when I save a screen clip, the shot gets saved to the active notebook, not Screen Clips.

Same here

I've tested tonight and a while ago. And the computer have been turn off and on between.

And if I have the view "all notes" or "notebooks" the screenshot is saved in the notebook I set up.

But if I view a notebook the screenshot is saved in that.

I haven't thought about it earlier.

Archived