Work Chat / Shared Notes

I like the work chat capability but I have some questions:

1) It appears you can't delete a chat...ever.  Correct?

2) Is there a way to set the default permissions to "Can View" vs. higher levels of permissions?

3) If I share a note via work chat and then delete it in Evernote, it still exists in work chat...correct?

4) Is there a way in Evernote to search for all shared notes?  sharedate:* does not work for notes shared via work chat that aren't in a shared notebook (from what I can tell)?

5) If the answer to 4 is no, is there a way to do it in python?

Thanks,

-Rich 

For item 1, I was able to delete in iOS but not the windows application.  It is my understanding those who I sent the notes to will still have copies in their work chat area.

Any takers?  I think it reasonable to expect that you can easily find all shared notes regardless of the sharing method such that you can verify/manage the sharing permissions without having to check your entire note archive.

Thanks,

-Rich 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

It's working on mine.  The feature's not detailed in the search grammar,  so more on Sharedate:  (courtesy: jefito - only his was laid out more neatly...)

sharedate:[datetime]                      -  any note that has a 'sharedate' timestamp that is equal to, or more recent than, the provided datetime. ( E.g.: )
 sharedate:20070704                     -  notes shared on or after July 4th, 2007, based on the client's timezone.
 sharedate:20070704T090000       -  notes shared on or after 9:00am on July 4th, 2007, based on the client's timezone.
 sharedate:20070704T150000Z     -  notes shared on or after 3:00pm GMT on July 4th, 2007.
-sharedate:20070704                     -  notes shared before July 4th, 2007, based on the client's timezone.
 sharedate:day-1                            -  notes shared yesterday or today
-sharedate:day                               -  notes shared before today
 sharedate:day-1 -sharedate:day   -  notes shared yesterday (only)
 sharedate:day-30                          -  notes shared within the last 30 days (of today)
 sharedate:week                             -  notes shared in this calendar week (Sunday-Saturday)
-sharedate:month                           -  notes shared before this month
 sharedate:year-1                          -  notes shared last year or this year

Thanks I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  

I can go to the notes list view on a windows client evernote install, sort by shared which has a date and I have confirmed that notes that show shared when I click on modified sharing have a blank shared date entry on that view.  Those are the same notes I shared via work chat.

-Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

OK - confused now: are you saying your shared notes don't have any shared date?  If so I recommend that you raise a support query so Evernote support can have a look at this.  Basic users don't get email support,  but if you're Plus or Premium submit a request by choosing the appropriate option in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action 

All users can use Twitter @Evernotehelps

In either case include the forum thread URL for extra background.

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

That's correct sir.  It appears to be very repeatable.  When I share a note via Work Chat vs. a Shared Notebook the shared column in the list view has no date so sharedate:* doesn't find it!  I've filed a bug report.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On August 7, 2015 at 2:30 PM, rhb327 said:

I like the work chat capability but I have some questions:

1) It appears you can't delete a chat...ever.  Correct?

2) Is there a way to set the default permissions to "Can View" vs. higher levels of permissions?

3) If I share a note via work chat and then delete it in Evernote, it still exists in work chat...correct?

4) Is there a way in Evernote to search for all shared notes?  sharedate:* does not work for notes shared via work chat that aren't in a shared notebook (from what I can tell)?

5) If the answer to 4 is no, is there a way to do it in python?

Thanks,

-Rich 

Feature request: Ability to set work chat share permissions to something other than "can edit and invite..." by default.  Remember last settings per shared person contact.

Archived