Missing Tags on PC

StevenFeil

I have seen several topics related to this but not exactly what I am experiencing. I was actually starting to enjoy working with Evernote until.........

Working in a notebook with several notes and just a couple of tags. Somehow I deleted one of the tags. I cannot figure out or remember HOW I did that. I have no trouble with the remaining tags.

My partner (on a mac) said he can still see the tag on his computer. He has since created a new tag, which I cannot see either.

I can see and work with all of the tags on my ipad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Tags playing hide and seek is a recurring thread here - usual suggestion is to add notes to affected notebooks on all attached devices and sync them all up to date;  hoping that a comprehensive sync will refresh the tags.  Or if one tag is affected,  try adding another temporary tag to the same note(s) and then sync / remove and sync again..  same object.

I think I tried both with no success. When the originator of the notebook adds the tag I can see it fine and I think I can even add the tag to notes. Once the notes do not have that tag any longer I lose the ability to work with it.

This is getting REALLY frustrating since I think I may have done something to inititate this. I accidetnly clicked twice at one point before this started happening and stuff happened so fast I don't know what was clicked. ARGH!

• Level 5*

Ah.  Sorry - didn't register this was a shared notebook,  though the word 'partner' might have been a clue.. ;)  - try logging out of Evernote completely (use Quit) and back in,  to see if that refreshes your tags.  Ask your partner to do the same,  and if necessary to unshare and then reshare the notebook with you.  Somewhere in there you should find the tags will reappear...

Archived