Request: More handwriting options

Larry Ferry

Idea

Regarding handwritten notes, I'd like to suggest:

1) Copy/paste selections.

- It's only possible to move selections around. We can't cut/copy or paste them.

2) S-Pen support:

2.1) Use fingers as erasers and/or selection tool and S-Pen as writing utensil.

2.2) Sometimes what I write shows tiny lines around because of my palm on the screen.

3) Type text onto handwritten notes.

4) Paste images onto handwritten notes.

5) More pen colors!

6) Show eraser size.

7) Stroke eraser.

8) Create folders within notebooks.

Thanks in advance.

10 replies to this idea

Yes that would be awesome!

In general for active stylus based tablets.

Or the ability to scroll with one finger and write with the stylus. Those accidentally made strokes which comes from 2 finger scrolling are really annoying and avoid me from using any handwritten options in Evernote.

Infinite scrolling on a handwritten note would be fantastic.  I know it's in Penultimate but the PU images (handwriting) that come over into Evernote or very jagged (pixely) and therefore not usable for me.  Being limited to a single handwritten screen at a time in Evernote is very painful.

Handwriting appears to allow some (minimal) form of copying (at least in android). If I hand write a circle and convert it into a perfect circle by touching the circle symbol that pops up and then hand write a second circle (similar to the first) in close proximity to the first and touch the circle symbol that pops up again, you will see that an identical circle has been created on top of the first. If you want more identical circles, just keep on handwriting circles close to the original and touching the perfect circle pup up icon. Since now all the circles will lie on top of each other, to separate them just touch the selection tool and then touch and drag out one circle at the time. This trick works with straight lines, triangles, and ellipses. This is not exactly copying and pasting but it's better than nothing. If any one finds a way to "REALLY" copy/paste, please share the knowledge. 

On 11.3.2018 at 7:37 PM, Galeguin said:

Most of this features are possible in OneNote. Almost 3 years, none significant improvement was made in handwriting. That's a shame! 

sketching works fine for me - it‘s not full blown like NoteShelf, etc., but has everything I need to write and draw the basic stuff, 90% of my handwriting is done via ‚insert sketch‘. Works good.

13 horas atrás, stocky2605 disse:

has everything I need to write and draw the basic stuff,

I glad to hear this. My needs was expanded last year, mainly because I start to draw mind maps... Some of the features mentioned above will be a great improvement in my self produced study material. Now, I so attached to EN that I will have to wait this improvements.

The handwriting capabilities of Evernote Android are very limited, using it doesn't make sense for me.

The perfect combination for me is LectureNotes together with Evernote. LectureNotes has such powerful features and many configuration options, I use it since several years without any issues. LectureNotes also supports a great export function directly into Evernote, either per single page or the whole book. Within Evernote the full Premium feature set can be used, like search within graphics.

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, ChristianJB said:

The handwriting capabilities of Evernote Android are very limited, using it doesn't make sense for me.

The perfect combination for me is LectureNotes together with Evernote.

Could you give some details on the LectureNote features you're using.

I agree the Evernote handwriting/sketching features are limited, but I'm not sure what more you need.

My ideas are

• OCR for transcribing to typed notes
  • free form canvas for typing, sketching and handwriting, images
  • colour selection

Archived