Web Client Beta Release 7/28/2015 - View Hierarchical Tags & Bug Fixes for Date Format

nanphan

Idea

Hi everyone!
Here's what went into last night's release. We understand it's not the full feature yet, but hopefully this will make the client easier to use for those who have hierarchical tags. Please continue to report any bugs and issues you run into. 
- Nancy 

New Features
  • View Hierarchical Tags - For users who have hierarchical tags, you will now be able to see the tags in the relationships that you've previously set. Unfortunately, we have not yet implemented the functionality to change or create new hierarchies. For now, please use the old client or a Desktop client to create or edit the hierarchy of a tag. You can continue to create new tags using the feature located at the top of notes.
  • Shortcut Tags - For users that want easy access to certain tags, you can now add these tags to your shortcuts list. Hover over the tag & click on the Shortcuts icon, the star. 

Bug Fixes
  • Date formatting - For users who are outside of the US and have their Evernote preferences set to English, we will now show dates in DD/MM/YYYY format based off of your browser's language settings or if your preferred browser supports it, your OS setting. For example, users who have Chrome set to "English (United Kingdom)" as their first choice we will now see the date format as DD/MM/YYYY.
  • Language Support - We've received a lot of reports that certain characters do not show up correctly in Turkish, Vietnamese, and Finnish. We've fixed some of the problems with the Caecilia font. Please continue to report any problems that continue to occur.

Know Missing Features To be in a Future Release
  • Easy Access to the Source URL Link 
  • Creating Note Links
  • Creation of Nested/Hierarchical Tags
  • Multiselect + Merge Notes

21 replies to this idea

It's good that there's a workaround for the date issue, but it'd be great to have an actual fix. Language =/= locale; that I have my browser set to prefer a certain language for display (in this case, US English) does not mean I want to inherit the US date settings. There are, after all, people who speak US English but live in the Netherlands. Setting the language to UK English is a hacky workaround; I neither speak UK English, nor do I live in the UK.

Hi Nancy!

Sorry for the confuse. What I meant is this: I know, that nested tags can be viewed and that's really great. The only thing is, I would like to have them on the left side permanently (if that is possible). As it is now, you can show them, but as soon as you klick into another EN field - all the TAGs are vanishing from the left side. So I if I will have them back again I always have to klick on the TAG-button. For my workflow it would be nice, to see them always in the left window (as it was in the original EN-version).

Thank you

Peter

Thanks! Makes sense! We understand that everyone has a different way of organizing an accessing. There are All Notes people, Notebook people, and of course our Tags people.  Sometimes, folks are use a little bit of everything to access different content. Thank you for the feedback. We'll take this into consideration moving forward. 

- Nancy 

Thank you very much Nancy!!! :)

Hi Nancy!

Sorry for the confuse. What I meant is this: I know, that nested tags can be viewed and that's really great. The only thing is, I would like to have them on the left side permanently (if that is possible). As it is now, you can show them, but as soon as you klick into another EN field - all the TAGs are vanishing from the left side. So I if I will have them back again I always have to klick on the TAG-button. For my workflow it would be nice, to see them always in the left window (as it was in the original EN-version).

Thank you

Peter

Thanks! Makes sense! We understand that everyone has a different way of organizing an accessing. There are All Notes people, Notebook people, and of course our Tags people.  Sometimes, folks are use a little bit of everything to access different content. Thank you for the feedback. We'll take this into consideration moving forward. 

- Nancy 

Hi Nancy!

Thank you

Peter

Is there a function in the web-beta which allows to show the nested tags permanently. For my workflow this would be a great help B)

Sorry oldbounder, can you clarify? We currently support viewing nested tags already. Not sure what you mean by permanently.  Can you clarify? 

- Nancy 

With regard to notebooks :

• My notes are standard put in a central notebook
  • once in a while a sort these notes to other notebooks
  • When I open this particular notebook, let's call it AAA, I see all the notes
  • When I open the first note and change the notebook in this first not to, say, BBB
  • The view moves also to this note book, so I see all the notes of BBB instead of the remaining notes in AAA

This behavour baffles me a bit as my expectation, and my work flow is:

• Open first note in AAA
  • change notebook of this note to BBB
  • Move to second note in AAA
    • Effectively this becomes the first note in AAA

Greetz,

Pieter

Thanks for the feedback. We'll take this into consideration as we continue to tweak and improve the product. 

Nancy 

With regard to notebooks :

• My notes are standard put in a central notebook
  • once in a while a sort these notes to other notebooks
  • When I open this particular notebook, let's call it AAA, I see all the notes
  • When I open the first note and change the notebook in this first not to, say, BBB
  • The view moves also to this note book, so I see all the notes of BBB instead of the remaining notes in AAA

This behavour baffles me a bit as my expectation, and my work flow is:

• Open first note in AAA
  • change notebook of this note to BBB
  • Move to second note in AAA
    • Effectively this becomes the first note in AAA

Greetz,

Pieter

apologies, I've been away from this discussion, but have the keyboard shortcuts been implemented yet? If so, where can i get a list of them?

Nothing officially announced, but I did notice that some formatting shortcuts now work (Ctrl-B for Bold, Ctrl-I for Italics, Ctrl+1 through 9 for header styles, etc.)

I couldn't find a way to display them all though (i.e. quick help window/overlay).

Yeah, it would be really nice to see those keyboard shortcuts, as it is the web and desktop clients are becoming less and less accessible to screen reader users, it makes me sad.

apologies, I've been away from this discussion, but have the keyboard shortcuts been implemented yet? If so, where can i get a list of them?

Nothing officially announced, but I did notice that some formatting shortcuts now work (Ctrl-B for Bold, Ctrl-I for Italics, Ctrl+1 through 9 for header styles, etc.)

I couldn't find a way to display them all though (i.e. quick help window/overlay).

Thanks for the update!

I'd like to report an issue (or maybe an annoying feature) - while editing a note, if I change the note's notebook (effectively moving it), the notebook column changes to the target notebook.

I use my default notebook as a sorting gateway for my notes - any web-clippings or random notes that I don't sort during creation go into my default notebook, and I sort them out later. So the above behavior is extremely annoying, since I need to navigate back to the default notebook after moving each note (click shortcuts, then click on my default notebook).

It's getting better.

Another thought about the homepage/loginpage. And it is not only Evernote who does this.

I see a very big button "Sign up now"  for signing up. But I do this only one time.

When I have signed up I must be looking for a smaller link to "Login". Luckily it is not a "tiny link". Is it possible to make the login proces quicker?

Very cool. I've been using the web client A LOT at work and it just keeps getting better. Any chance we will be able to change updated and created dates someday? I use this a lot in the desktop client for organizing account statements and things like that.

Archived