Crashing when scanning documents

richardg

Idea

10 replies to this idea

I had this problem for long long while until I discovered taking photos with auto document mode off, then enabling document mode after taking pictures worked fine.

Then, now even that stopped working. Taking oicture will ALWAYS crash the app. I have the latest app and Scannable exhibited exact same behavior before and I won't go back.

• Level 5

Seems like it's working better, but going straight into camera from Today view (the other tab next to iOS Notifications tab) still seems buggy.

Hi,

I'm glad to hear it's working better for you.

Can you please advise how it seems buggy using the Today widget?

Thanks,

Chuck

I gave it two tries:

First one crashed seconds after I took the photo. The white circular capture button was spinning, then crashed back to Home screen.

Second try didn't crash, but it hung while processing the captured image. It was processing for a long time (30+ seconds) before I went out to Home screen, then returned back to the app. It said the app failed to process the image.

I just gave it another try. It crashed like the first try.

• Level 5

I gave it two tries:

First one crashed seconds after I took the photo. The white circular capture button was spinning, then crashed back to Home screen.

Second try didn't crash, but it hung while processing the captured image. It was processing for a long time (30+ seconds) before I went out to Home screen, then returned back to the app. It said the app failed to process the image.

Thanks for the info. Can you verify what device, OS, and Evernote version you're using?

Thanks,

Chuck

I gave it two tries:

Thanks for the info. Can you verify what device, OS, and Evernote version you're using?

Thanks,

Chuck

Here you go:

Device: iPhone 6 Plus

iOS: 8.4.1 (12H321)

Evernote: 7.7.10.316568

Here you go:

Device: iPhone 6 Plus

iOS: 8.4.1 (12H321)

Evernote: 7.7.10.316568

Please update to Evernote 7.7.11 and let me know if you still have the same problem.

Thanks!

Chuck

Ooops, I made a fool of myself right now, didn't I? I thought App Store updated the app automatically already.

I just gave it a try and it seems like it's working much, much better.

Great work!

Thanks.

Archived