Where are the text tools?

This seems pretty bizarre. I'm just starting to make use of Evernote in a serious way. One of the clinchers was the little row of text tools that appeared above individual notes that included, among other things, a tool that let you highlight text within Evernote. Today those tools don't appear. I'm attaching a screen shot of a note that shows no tools, but that includes highlighted text I created a few days ago. I've been poking around and don't see a toggle to turn the tools on and off. What's up?post-264440-0-43020300-1438094980_thumb.

Have you clicked inside the note panel? Usually the editing toolbar only appears once you're in edit mode.( i.e. maybe you could take the same screenshot, including the cursor positioned somewhere inside the note.)

Let's not get too carried away here... ;)

Frank, Evernote and genius in the same sentence.  My, my.  :P

OMG! Frank.dg, you are an Evernote genius.

That would be Frank, the obvious genius.  :lol:  :ph34r:

Tell me you're not all jealous! Go and find your own obvious stuff to get praised for  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Just FYI... I had to do extensive testing on no less than 3 different clients... thus the 19-minute response time. EDIT: This was tongue-in-cheek.

As you know, If  one had to confirm the toolbar behavior in view and edit mode, it'd take but a second...

BUT... I must add this: I did it all from memory. The power of my own brain. Therein lies the genius. Not Evernote genius. Just genius.

• Level 5*

BUT... I must add this: I did it all from memory. The power of my own brain. Therein lies the genius. Not Evernote genius. Just genius.

Hey, genius, a genius would know the difference between memory recall and "going where no man has gone before".   :lol:

Genius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

genius is a person who displays exceptionally superior intellectual ability, creativity, or originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of new advances in a domain of knowledge

I didn't claim to be the typical genius. I'm the atypical-type genius... and I have displayed exceptionally superior intellectual creativity - in that, I asked the subject to include a screenshot with his cursor inside the note body. I mean, how many people in a typical small town in Siberia would have requested that exact thing?

• Level 5*

OPs eyes may be rolling back in their head now....

No. Problem.  We, or rather genius Frank, solved the problem. 

So, we're just playing now.  I'm sure he gets it.   ;)

OPs eyes may be rolling back in their head now....

No. Problem.  We, or rather genius Frank, solved the problem. 

So, we're just playing now.  I'm sure he gets it.   ;)

I like that part. Especially.

Archived