JoeMcL

Evernote frequently stops working on my iPhone 5

I have an Evernote Plus subscription. It's installed on my iPhone 5 iOS 8.4, my PC desktop, and my PC laptop.  As much as I like using Evernote, it gives me a big problem: about once/month I tap the icon, the Evernote splash screen shows up- then it disappears, back to the iPhone home screen.  Double tap the iPhone button, there it is, open- but, again, when I tap the "open" application, it appears for a second, then gone again, totally useless.  The only way I have found to get it working again is to uninstall/install it, which just doesn't work when I'm counting on it for instant info in a meeting or in a store.  I'm beginning to regret the money I paid for Plus- apparently it doesn't buy me direct support from Evernote staff either, I have to rely on the kindness of community members.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hmmn.  Uninstall / reinstall is usually a permanent fix for most phone-related issues.  Have you tried uninstalling / restarting the phone / reinstalling?

I have an Evernote Plus subscription. It's installed on my iPhone 5 iOS 8.4, my PC desktop, and my PC laptop.  As much as I like using Evernote, it gives me a big problem: about once/month I tap the icon, the Evernote splash screen shows up- then it disappears, back to the iPhone home screen.  Double tap the iPhone button, there it is, open- but, again, when I tap the "open" application, it appears for a second, then gone again, totally useless.  The only way I have found to get it working again is to uninstall/install it, which just doesn't work when I'm counting on it for instant info in a meeting or in a store.  I'm beginning to regret the money I paid for Plus- apparently it doesn't buy me direct support from Evernote staff either, I have to rely on the kindness of community members.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EN iOS has been quite buggy of late -- since Ver 7.7

Since a reinstall did not fix your issue, then you may want to submit a bug report and/or post on twitter.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Since Evernote now is providing official support to all users via Twitter, you might post your issue on Twitter @evernotehelps.  It might also be good to include a link back to your post here.

gazumped- yes, I have uninstalled/reinstalled/restarted, no luck. JMichael (love the Fedora!) thanks for the info, I will definitely Tweet this.  The irony is: when I first started using EN back before having a smart phone, I had some problem with the software.  I got in touch with their support and they were very responsive, even emailing me now and then to check if it was OK (which it eventually was).  So a year or so ago, when I saw the EN Plus option, I didn't really need anything beyond the free version, but I paid the $24+/year just to support them.  Now I find that when I need them have cut off the direct support.

I installed iOS 8.4 recently and figured, this probably won't have any effect on the problem with EN.  It didn't- hard reboot, same problem.  But then it gets weird- the next day, it started working fine, and has for the last couple of days.  Go figure.  Thanks for the replies.

• Like 1