Sharing Url Does Not Create A Hyperlink

tzackin

Idea

I know this has been asked before -- I have seen references from Feb. 2014 -- and yet nothing has been done to ameliorate this issue.  Why can't Evernote make a tinyurl created by sharing a NY Times article, for example, on an Android device into a hyperlink?  Why must I have to edit the note in the Windows desktop program and add a space or linefeed at the end to do so? I would like to be able to just click the url in the note and go to that page in my browser without any additional steps.  This seems so simple that I am perplexed as to why you do not do this. As a software developer who has done this many times in my own code I just can't figure out this lapse.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  The issue has been raised,  but Evernote rarely comment on whether or when they might address a given issue.  If this fix is on their route plan,  no doubt they'll deliver in due course.

I second this! To expand a little:

It's not literally "tinyurls" that the OP is referring to, but URLs in general.

At the moment, if you make a note in Android and wish to create a clickable link that also works in Android, you are forced to go the convoluted route of:

1) creating your note in Android
2) syncing
3) firing up your PC
4) editing the note by placing either a space or a line feed after each and every URL you created in Android - this automatically converts the plain text to a clickable URL.
syncing once more, and then...
5) voila! You can finally click your links in the Android app :-)

I know, I know, when I explain it that way, it makes it sound so easy and streamlined... haha... but... it would really be great if a hyperlink could be created in Android in exactly the same way as on the PC, ie. automatically created as soon as you press space or enter, after typing or pasting the URL.

• Level 5*

Agree it would be nice to be able to create active links (although a slightly shorter workaround might be just to copy and paste the plain text link into your browser) but to get Evernote to pay this some attention,  you folks need to click on the counter at top left of the page.  So far it was showing zero interest in this issue until I clicked...

No way to tell if Evernote already have this in progress somewhere,  just have to wait and see.  ;)

Thanks for the suggestion about the counter gazumped! I have now clicked the vote-up arrow. I will now also need to go and do this to the other topics I'm in agreement with. It's actually a nice big counter... yet it just didn't jump out and scream "click me!" at me.

Archived