Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

P Baker

Problem displaying notes with numerical tags by tag

Recommended Posts

I am an historian and therefore tag a lot of my notes with year dates. Yesterday I tried to look up documents for a year by clicking on the tag for that year and received the result "Sorry, no notes to display." I soon found than none of my year tags will display the notes

When I use my iOS tablet version they display correctly when selecting the tags. It appears to be a problem only on my PC version. I am running version 5.8.13.8152 on Windows 7 Professional. The problem must have appeared with a recent update since I know before it worked just fine. 

Has anyone ever seen this problem or know of a solution? (I've already done the restart / reboot trick)

Share this post


Link to post

Yep, sounds like a bug in one of the recent updates.

Clicking on a numeric tag in the Left Panel to filter the notes works fine for me in Ver 5.8.4.

 

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

 

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Share this post


Link to post

I am an historian and therefore tag a lot of my notes with year dates. Yesterday I tried to look up documents for a year by clicking on the tag for that year and received the result "Sorry, no notes to display." I soon found than none of my year tags will display the notes

When I use my iOS tablet version they display correctly when selecting the tags. It appears to be a problem only on my PC version. I am running version 5.8.13.8152 on Windows 7 Professional. The problem must have appeared with a recent update since I know before it worked just fine.

Has anyone ever seen this problem or know of a solution? (I've already done the restart / reboot trick)

I'm not a historian but I tag all my notes YYYY-MM.

I use the same version of Evernote and Windows 7 Pro, I tested my tags YYYY and YYYY-MM and I have no problem finding my notes.

It must be a bug.

Share this post


Link to post

@P Baker - Can you give us an example of the tag format you use?  Is it MM/DD/YY,  or something more complicated?

Share this post


Link to post

@operative - the format i use is yyyy, e.g. 1655, 1657, etc.

thanks everyone!

Only digits without and special characters. It must be a bug.

Share this post


Link to post

@operative - the format i use is yyyy, e.g. 1655, 1657, etc.

thanks everyone!

I've tags with ^ ~ & # and they work fine.

So when tags with only digits with no special characters.isn't working it must be a bug.

Share this post


Link to post

As a quick, test I just added 2015 as a tag for some notes.  I can find the notes using that tag by clicking on the tag in the left panel, using Ctrl-Alt-T, or tag:2015 in the search bar.  Same story for creating a tag for 1655. 

 

Works for me anyway,. beta version, 5.8.14.  FWIW 

 

If it continues to not work, you could right click - rename the tag to Y1655 and see if that helps until the issue is resolved for you.  But again, seems to work just fine for me.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...