Problem displaying notes with numerical tags by tag

P Baker

I am an historian and therefore tag a lot of my notes with year dates. Yesterday I tried to look up documents for a year by clicking on the tag for that year and received the result "Sorry, no notes to display." I soon found than none of my year tags will display the notes

When I use my iOS tablet version they display correctly when selecting the tags. It appears to be a problem only on my PC version. I am running version 5.8.13.8152 on Windows 7 Professional. The problem must have appeared with a recent update since I know before it worked just fine. 

Has anyone ever seen this problem or know of a solution? (I've already done the restart / reboot trick)

• Level 5*

Yep, sounds like a bug in one of the recent updates.

Clicking on a numeric tag in the Left Panel to filter the notes works fine for me in Ver 5.8.4.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

I am an historian and therefore tag a lot of my notes with year dates. Yesterday I tried to look up documents for a year by clicking on the tag for that year and received the result "Sorry, no notes to display." I soon found than none of my year tags will display the notes

When I use my iOS tablet version they display correctly when selecting the tags. It appears to be a problem only on my PC version. I am running version 5.8.13.8152 on Windows 7 Professional. The problem must have appeared with a recent update since I know before it worked just fine.

Has anyone ever seen this problem or know of a solution? (I've already done the restart / reboot trick)

I'm not a historian but I tag all my notes YYYY-MM.

I use the same version of Evernote and Windows 7 Pro, I tested my tags YYYY and YYYY-MM and I have no problem finding my notes.

It must be a bug.

@operative - the format i use is yyyy, e.g. 1655, 1657, etc.

thanks everyone!

I've tags with ^ ~ & # and they work fine.

So when tags with only digits with no special characters.isn't working it must be a bug.

• Level 5*

As a quick, test I just added 2015 as a tag for some notes.  I can find the notes using that tag by clicking on the tag in the left panel, using Ctrl-Alt-T, or tag:2015 in the search bar.  Same story for creating a tag for 1655. 

Works for me anyway,. beta version, 5.8.14.  FWIW 

If it continues to not work, you could right click - rename the tag to Y1655 and see if that helps until the issue is resolved for you.  But again, seems to work just fine for me.

Archived