[bug] Does not remember maximized state of the window

The client always starts in a windowed state instead of maximized, even if it has been closed while maximized. I've tried re-setting windows customization parameters globally using MS FixIt. The operation succeeded but it didn't help with Evernote. The window size and position at startup are constant.

AFAIK these parameters are stored in the registry. Did you make something related to it lastly?

No, I didn't. Also, I don't use any 'privacy cleaners' nor have similar problems with other applications apart from Steam.

When you closed Evernote,  did you File > Exit or just close the window?  It has to be fully shut down to update the registry.

I've verified the issue to be reproducible with the File > Exit method. This method gets the window state stored correctly but it doesn't last through system restart.

• Level 5*

Has this persisted through updating the app?  Might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling (after backing up your databases folder) just to make sure everything is reset to defaults.

• 1 month later...

This bug annoys me too.

On my laptop, I like to keep Evernote maximized. But after every reboot, Evernote starts in a non-maximized state and I have to manually maximize it again.

Come on Evernote! Get your client to remember its window state! This is really basic stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I haven't seen anything about the window state being pinned in 5.9.2 - this has never been a problem for me,  possibly because Evernote is always open and I just sleep my computer between uses.  I restart occasionally,  but that means I then have to open (and usually resize) a lot of browser / email / other windows,  so it never struck me that Evernote was unusual.  I wouldn't update to the beta just in the hope this is fixed,  but keeping bang up to date will give you the fix as soon as it is available.  Meantime I'd suggest using the Help Center (link in my sig) to see if there's anything on this issue there,  and maybe raising it with support to see what they say...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This issue is super annoying. I'm running the latest version 5.9.6.5454 on Windows 10 and the fact that Evernote opens to a tiny window each time I open it despite setting and closing Evernote with a maximised or enlarged window size.

Is there any way to fix this?

• Level 5*

I am not experiencing the same issue.  When I close EN, whether maximized or not, using either the X or File - Exit, it opens to the same size as when closed.  Also, I have EN on a second monitor, not the default monitor, and EN opens on that second monitor, even after a reboot.  This is Windows 10 and EN 5.9.6. 

This doesn't help much I know, but I don't have the issue and I don't know of any special settings that I am using.  Wish I could tell you what is different. 

• 3 months later...

This bug is still present in 5.9.8.

I maximize Evernote, reboot my PC, re-launch Evernote from the tray and find that the window is not maximized anymore.

Can someone from Evernote please comment on this?

Archived