Using Evernote web beta

TheSwede

Idea

The existing non-beta Evernote Web is acceptable. It wastes a lot of space for no gain, and could be a lot tighter, showing a lot more of my information on screen in one go. It lacks keyboard shortcuts, and it has fields taking up screen space which should really be possible to toggle and use for what matters - notebooks and notes. But it's at least possible to work with, even if it's a pain with so little information fitting on screen.

As a consequence I am not using Evernote nearly as much as I would like to do. A more focused, tighter display showing a larger number of my notes and allowing the display of several notes next to each other for cutting and pasting, and which allows me to rapidly navigate with only a keyboard, would go a long way to make Evernote actually a proper work implement instead of just a glorified clipboard. A focus on the list of notebooks, the list of notes and the notes themselves would make Evernote an amazing platform.

Sadly, the Beta is the exact opposite of what I need to be able to actually work in Evernote. The list (such as it is) is bloated with useless white-space, a lot of the navigation ability (which rescues Evernote now) is simply gone, with no replacement, and the focus is more than ever on being nothing but a glorified clipboard. This is not a matter of missing features, but of complete and utter waste of screen space - almost nothing fits on screen on Evernote web as it is, and Beta makes this a lot worse.

Also, the "Try it now" line at the top of the screen of the current Evernote web client is annoying and distracting. I can't find the opt-out option anywhere.

If this basic design remains, and the current non-beta Evernote web is disabled, you will lose this Premium customer and proponent with no way of getting me back. I'm already trying to recreate the ease of catching information into Evernote using other tools. It's getting a lot easier, as your competitors are focusing on people actually working with what I have captured, and the capture solutions are catching up.

Sincerely,

Jesper

4 replies to this idea

Also, the "Try it now" line at the top of the screen of the current Evernote web client is annoying and distracting. I can't find the opt-out option anywhere.

If this basic design remains, and the current non-beta Evernote web is disabled, you will lose this Premium customer and proponent with no way of getting me back. I'm already trying to recreate the ease of catching information into Evernote using other tools. It's getting a lot easier, as your competitors are focusing on people actually working with what I have captured, and the capture solutions are catching up.

Sincerely,

Jesper

Thank you for the feedback, Jesper. We are listening to our customers and are in the process of addressing the problems you highlighted.  Thank you for your patience. In terms of how to leave the Beta, you can find the opt out button in the account menu at the lower left screen in the Beta. There is is option at the bottom of the menu called "Leave Beta". 

- Nancy 

I agree with much of what Jesper has said. I have been using the Beta for a few weeks now, and while I could get used to some of the changes, there are some issues that make it a lot less useful to me. There's still too much irrelevant white space that could be better used for information. But two things recently came up that are more significant in my use: 

1. As far as I can tell, the Web version no longer supports the ability to pop out a note to a floating window. This really detracts from the usability. I often have one or more notes popped out so I can find them immediately and have them hover next to windows for others apps to take notes.

2. I see no way to select multiple notes so I can print, share or merge them. This reduces the usability of the product.

I'd like to know if either of these features are in the pipeline. I hope so!

Please hang on to the Leave Beta button for the foreseeable future, so I can toggle back and forth.

Jesper's comment had been past by other user when this new version come out , but nealry one year pass out, I would think, there is a spy in evenrote team from (MS), 

Evernote jsut can not hear any input from the users especially ( Premium ) user, 

Classic version got more information and easy to use why Evernote just can not understand and FORCE to implanted beta version? 

I jsut got feedback from evernote supporter , they will phase out the classice , so it would be the day I say good bye to evernote

good luck evenrote 

Archived