Annoying bullet points and no undo function!

Khaius

Idea

Something annoying has happened on my IOS evernote twice and I was wondering if it can be fixed!

I have a list of things to do.. e.g.

Type something

Eat something

Mow something

Then I want to turn it into a checklist.. I highlight it all then click the tickable bullet point button.

Then all the text disappears and I just get a single tickable bullet point in it's place.

Why would anyone select text in order to delete it with a bulletpoint? Word never worked like that and Word is how we're programmed to think!

I'm sure the obvious answer is 'select each one and press the button', but this is really faffy on long lists...

The other obvious answer is 'create the list with bullet points to start off with', but whatever, sometimes I just dont and this is a bit annoying when it happens (frequent evernote user here!)

I was on the android version until a month ago so perhaps the 'select' 'bullet point' combo is where I learned it.

Anyway, once my epic list is deleted, I want to 'undo', but I can't!!! I understand you wouldn't want an undo that could unmake the work of others in collaborative things, but for a simple error like this it would really come in handy.

Summary:

- please allow selected text to become bulletpointed

- please give us an undo button

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I agree, all of that is a PITA.

Unfortunately, Evernote relies on the standard iOS method for undo:  literally shake the device.

Since this is about EN iOS, I'm moving to the iOS feedback forum.

Holy *****, how can the EN folks not see the inconsistent behavior with bullet lists!!???

I had a bunch of items made into bullet lists. Then decided they should be checkbox lists instead...  Same UI -- the items were already selected, so I picked Checkbox instead of <ul> type bullets... and my whole list turned into a single checkbox. G$*#(&@#($*&mn it!!  Of course it synced the change before I could stop it, and I lost the whole list forever.

I didn't know about the "shake to undo" behavior until I read this... at which point it was obviously too late, the change was sync'ed.

That's it, I need to find an EN replacement. Sad they have a great concept but such poor execution. Between this and the endless "conflicting changes" SNAFUs, it just isn't worth it.

Archived