How much of my quota have I used?

I have the Evernote apps on my MacBook Pro, on my iPad and on my iPhone. I have a monthly upload quota of 60MB.

When I look how much of my quota I've used I see this:-

MacBook Pro: 30.1MB

iPad: 7.7MB

iPhone: 27.2MB

If I log in to Evernote in a browser I see:-

Browser 30.1MB

They are all logged in to the same account so shouldn't they all say the same? What's going on?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Dennis

• Level 5*

Hi.  The web version of your usage is the only accurate one - that's calculated from the uploads actually received by Evernote.  All the other devices have estimates based on your local use of that particular channel and whether there are currently any conflicting changes or notes in a Trash notebook on that device.  Emptying the trash regularly is a good habit to have.  

It's not known whether or how often that gets updated from the server.  Obviously in a perfect world all EN devices should show the same correct total.  In practice,  treat it as a guide and check online for the final word.

• Level 5*

I have the Evernote apps on my MacBook Pro, on my iPad and on my iPhone. I have a monthly upload quota of 60MB.

When I look how much of my quota I've used I see this:-

MacBook Pro: 30.1MB

iPad: 7.7MB

iPhone: 27.2MB

If I log in to Evernote in a browser I see:-

Browser 30.1MB

They are all logged in to the same account so shouldn't they all say the same? What's going on?

It may be that the EN Web is the authoritative report, but you are correct:  All EN clients/apps should report the same amount.

It doesn't seem like this should be that difficult.  Why can't each client simply connect to the Evernote Cloud to get the correct data?

Since the EN Trash is sync'd across all clients, I don't see how that should be different on different EN Clients.

IMO, this is a bug and should be reported as such.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Archived