Error message when trying to update to 6.0.15...

mrstucci

Idea

Hi-I have tried numerous times to update my Evernote but all I get is an error message that says that there was an error when downloading the file. What do I do? I am a Premium member and this happens often to me. Judy

post-50660-0-02566700-1436456432_thumb.p

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Since you are a Premium member, you have access to EN Support Chat for immediate response.

Since you said "this happens often to me" it sounds like some part of the Evernote install/setup has become corrupt.

So, you might want to try a clean reinstall:

See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CST. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

This dialog appears when we detect that there's been file corruption in the upgrade process.  Previously you would have crashed if you launched Evernote.  For some reason this occurs for a few people all of the time and never for others.  We do not know why this happens.  The solution is simply to download Evernote from Evernote.com.  

I was getting the same error. I realized that the issue probably had to do with checking the current install, and upon doing that check an error was encountered because I had changed the Evernote app icon. Upon reverting back to the original app icon, the update worked. So, my hunch was probably right. Also, a clean install by downloading the app from Evernote.com and replacing the old app would have worked, too.

Archived